December 2014 Moms
Options

Can't decide between these 2 travel systems. Edited, please re-check :)

edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
Britax don't fit my car well, and the Chicco is HEAVY. Ive got the rest narrowed down to these.

Urbini Omni:
The issue for me is they're new so not very well reviewed, and I can only buy it at Walmart.

The second option is the Graco Fast Action sport

Both are lightweight, turn well, are compact strollers. They both fit perfectly in my car, and both are in my price range.

The Urbini weighs a lb less, can face the parent, has the bassinet feature, but can not purchase an extra base (not that big a deal, baby will primarily ride in my car) and, well, Walmart.

The Graco is better known, has a good history, but doesnt parent face without the bucket seat and isn't as aesthetically pleasing.

Any thoughts?

I REALLY want that Urbini but the newness is a little scary.

Edit:
Now I am thinking I might not need either!
I have a Baby Trend universal frame.
I have a Chicco Jet for older. 
I have a regular Eddie Bauer stroller that may fit whatever bucket we go with.
I have a Graco Duoglider for if I need to use with daycare kids - though it is missing the front sunshade.

I don't really NEED a stroller. All I really need is a plain ol bucket seat, yes? In this case, a friend has one she has offered me, and I could let my mother in law buy us the Graco Size4Me we wanted.

Right?

Re: Can't decide between these 2 travel systems. Edited, please re-check :)

• Options
    I was originally going to get that graco stroller. When I went in to babies r us to check it out I really didn't like the feel or look of it. I really wanted to like it because of the great reviews. I must have brought it around the store 5 times trying to convince myself to like it. I eventually went with a britax travel system.

No idea about the other one though sorry!
  • Options
    I have a sedan and size wise we are okay. I just couldn't get them level! The Graco fits much better for us and seems to be a little smaller.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Two good affordable, compact choices.  I like the looks of the Urbini and the stroller features for such a small stroller.  I had never seen that one before.  True, the Graco can't parent face in toddler mode but it doesn't appear the Urbini can either.  I never found it an issue that my stroller can't parent face (I just use an umbrella stroller) but everyone has their preferences.  

Personally, I would go Graco because of the brand recognition and having a second (or third) base is a must for me.  I'm surprised the hear the Snugride 35 is that much smaller and lighter than the Britax and Chicco.  I may also be a little biased because I have the Snugride 30 and loved it with my first.  

DS 06/2013

DD 12/2014

• Options
    @Erien, I forgot a link!

That shows the parent facing without the seat.

I just found while googling the actual parent company is Aria Child, who I have also never heard of, so off to google that!
  • Options
    I was just looking up the parent company myself!  I also have never heard of Aria.  

Oh, I like that Omni system....just from pictures on the website anyway.  I haven't seen it in person.  I can see why it's a tough decision for you!  You have plenty of time to decide so take your time.  It sounds like you're doing your research which is fantastic!  

DS 06/2013

DD 12/2014

• Options
    @JunkieBrewster‌
    Another thing to keep in mind is that most strollers can come with attachments to make a 'travel system' with most car seats. We were wanting a travel system but weren't impressed with most of the strollers. A helpful lady at BRU where we were checking them out enlightened us...as a FTM I had no idea how easy it was to combine different brands. So we chose a car seat and stroller separately, and will just get the attachment to put the carseat in the stroller.

Also, I didn't realize that there could be so many issues with certain car seats in cars...we have a crossover so we weren't too concerned about fitting, but this makes me wonder. So, at the risk of revealing my cluelessness - Did stores let you try it in your car, or how we're you able to try the different kinds?
  • Options
    I don't know about the first one as I have never heard of the brand.  I would probably agree with PP that I would do the Graco, if nothing else for the name recognition.

Maybe to put your mind at ease:  I took a car seat safety class before I had my DS (3 years ago) and they said that each car seat must be the exact same safety standards, regardless of price.  It's the extra bells and whistles that you pay for.  I have a Graco for my infant system and then Britax for all the other car seats and this is 100% true.  There is NO comparison whatsoever.  So, if you like the ease of buckles, more padding on the top, etc. I would go with the first option.  The Britax straps NEVER twist but the stupid Graco ones make me crazy sometimes.  But, my babies aren't in that seat for long because I have giant babies (10 lbs and 11 lbs so far) and we cannot carry them in that carrier for more than a few months. 

Also, make sure you put those handles down when you're driving.  I see SO many parents who don't and it's a no no.  I swear if you take a class or take your car to a fire station, they will tell you this as well. 

Good luck!  I get overwhelmed with car seat choices, even now. 
  • Options
    Have you looked at the Graco Modes Sport Click Connect? It comes with the snugride 35 and it totally convertible. All parts can parent face or world face-and the entire seat can be taken off so it can be used as just a car seat carrier/ frame. The seat concerts from a bassinet to a full toddler seat. I can't post the link cus I'm mobile, but there is a great video on YouTube that shows all it does. It's heavy-but not overly so- and can be folded and unfolded with one hand. It stays standing upright when you collapse it-which is nice cus most of them just ended up landing on my feet. LoL. Check it out!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Kwikwi8181,Edited
    I looked at the wrong one, but that is wayyy outside my price range. We babywear so it won't get MUCH use, just when I have joint pain from my autoimmune disease. Thank you, though!
  • Options
    The car seat does look neat.  Not many lower priced options have bases with built in lock-offs and  Euro belt routing for baseless seat belt installs.

I found this review too.
    https://csftl.org/urbini-petal-infant-car-seat-review/

The stroller has a lot of nice features but would be concerned with the wheels.  They are small and look like hard plastic.  They might not hold up well or provide a smooth ride.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    vjordan78 said:
    I don't know about the first one as I have never heard of the brand.  I would probably agree with PP that I would do the Graco, if nothing else for the name recognition.

Maybe to put your mind at ease:  I took a car seat safety class before I had my DS (3 years ago) and they said that each car seat must be the exact same safety standards, regardless of price.  It's the extra bells and whistles that you pay for.  I have a Graco for my infant system and then Britax for all the other car seats and this is 100% true.  There is NO comparison whatsoever.  So, if you like the ease of buckles, more padding on the top, etc. I would go with the first option.  The Britax straps NEVER twist but the stupid Graco ones make me crazy sometimes.  But, my babies aren't in that seat for long because I have giant babies (10 lbs and 11 lbs so far) and we cannot carry them in that carrier for more than a few months. 

Also, make sure you put those handles down when you're driving.  I see SO many parents who don't and it's a no no.  I swear if you take a class or take your car to a fire station, they will tell you this as well. 

Good luck!  I get overwhelmed with car seat choices, even now. 
    Most seats allow the handle to be in any locked position in the car.  There might be just a few that still require it be lowered.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    I would love to skip the Infant seat it all together, but I have an autoimmune disease and sometimes when I am in pain, I will absolutely need one.
  • Options
    Sounds like you're in luck! This is very similar to what we're doing. BT frame stroller for baby and umbrella for the toddler. And we're looking to purchase a used double stroller at some point just to have the option.
    Not sure what brand bucket seat your friend has but my Graco classic connect works with the BT frame stroller.

DS 06/2013

DD 12/2014

• Options
    I know this is old but I had to use the search function to see if anyone else has talked about the Urbini Travel system.

I read reviews and reviewed every stroller/car seat combo ever. That was one of the most stressful things I put myself through. I wanted the urbini omni sooo bad. So after much consideration, long nights studying up on it , we ordered it. I love it. Of course we haven't used it yet, but it's so amazing (SO FAR) for the price. Seems very durable, so many features, lightweight, can be compact and the looks of it are super cool as well. Can't wait to use it. We ordered the lime green and black one online. The only thing that bothered me too was the fact that it can only be purchased at Wal-Mart. But I've been in contact with urbini's company a couple times asking them questions. You CAN also purchase extra car seat bases through them for $40. I'm in love with it. So easy to assemble and disassemble and use.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I almost bought this! I had it in the cart and everything!

My issue was closing the stroller. I have joint issues and it was hard for me. It would not ever be hard for a "normal" person  but I can't use 2 hands to close a stroller.

We ended up going with the B-safe and a city mini.

I have a Marathon and a ROundabout for when he outgrows the bucket.
  • Options
    You're the only person I found on here that had talked about it, so i had to put my review on it just in case anyone else had questions. :) glad you found something that worked for you. And yeah, it took me a second to figure out the stroller collapse buttons. I can see how the two sided thing would be hard if you have joint issues.
  • Options
    You're the only person I found on here that had talked about it, so i had to put my review on it just in case anyone else had questions. :) glad you found something that worked for you. And yeah, it took me a second to figure out the stroller collapse buttons. I can see how the two sided thing would be hard if you have joint issues.
    It's an absolutely fabulous system. I am kind of jealous, I really wanted that stupid bassinet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"