August 2013 Moms
Options

First birthday decoration question

Hey ladies!

I know some of you are already celebrating your LO's first birthday and the rest of you are all getting ready to celebrate it so I had a question I wanted to get a general opinion on. We are having LO's party at our house and we don't have a whole lot of free wall space with the art, pictures and other decor we already have up. My question is should I take some of the stuff down in order to be able to put up decorations or just work with the space I have and not take anything down? I can't decide so I really just want other people's opinions to help me make a better decision. Thanks for your help!

Re: First birthday decoration question

• Options
    Hey ladies!

I know some of you are already celebrating your LO's first birthday and the rest of you are all getting ready to celebrate it so I had a question I wanted to get a general opinion on. We are having LO's party at our house and we don't have a whole lot of free wall space with the art, pictures and other decor we already have up. My question is should I take some of the stuff down in order to be able to put up decorations or just work with the space I have and not take anything down? I can't decide so I really just want other people's opinions to help me make a better decision. Thanks for your help!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's a silly question, but I just wanted to know what other people were doing or thinking about doing,
  • Options
    Why would anything we say have anything to do with your decision? We don't know your home, your decorations, or anything about you. There are only two options, try putting up your decorations with everything else and see if it works. If it doesn't work then take that shit down and try again.
  • Options
    To answer your question, I have intention of rearranging and dismateling my entire home to decorate for a 2 hour party. Shit will go up over anything if we make it that far.
    Side note, I think usually decorations are a waste of time/money. A few balloons and streamers is all you really need.

• Options
    I know it's a silly question, but I just wanted to know what other people were doing or thinking about doing,
    Oh. Well in that case....

• Options
    I wouldn't rearrange permanent decorations for a party. Too much effort.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. The party isn't until Saturday so I think I am going to try to figure out how to arrange it around the permanent decorations. Sometimes I get too wrapped up and need people to give me a reality check on things. I appreciate the help!
  • Options
    Ya I wouldn't rearrange either unless something is really easy to take down and put back up or move slightly. :)
  • Options
    I can't be bothered to rearrange my home too much for a kiddie party when I already have to clean it and cook.  I'm putting up minimal decorations inside and in the back yard and if it still looks a little cluttered, oh well.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Kind of curious... What kind of decorations would require moving around your home décor?

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    I think I would first limit my home decor if it was too overwhelming for a party. Then I would skip party decoration entirely except for a few balloons. If your house is too busy to hang a sign, it's time to reconsider your style.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"