C-sections

3 c sections?

First was emergency, second was very easy going and quick recovery time. I had two very easy pregnancies. It has been 9 years since I had my second child, would scar tissue be an issue if I'm wanting a third? I'm 29. (Yes I was a young mother, 18 and 20)

Re: 3 c sections?

• I had three in six years and no trouble. During my third my doctor said I was good for a fourth as long as I waited a year. My dr informs patients after each CS if she thinks another is ok. If you weren't told anything at your second I would think you are fine.
  • That's good, do they do an ultrasound to check for scar tissue build up? Or just assess your overall health and give you the green light?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having an RCS and I had to have an ultrasound just to see the scar tissue buildup and of course for baby. I have a lot of tissue and it hurts when it stretches. If you had any from your first they probably cleared it when they did your second, my dr told me this would happen. So if you have anymore then they will probably clear it then too. My mom had three CS and the third was the worst for her with scar tissue, but everyone is different.
  • So it's not like a concern for baby then, just general discomfort and maybe even pain?
  • I have had three C-sec too close together. It was clear at the time of my third one that I couldn't carry another. I am sure if you had no complications from your last that it will be fine. They can check for you before you try for baby number three though. Did you have any issue with placenta placement on your first two?
  • So it's not like a concern for baby then, just general discomfort and maybe even pain?

No scar tissue doesn't do anything to cause concern for the baby. I think you should talk to your dr about this. He/she will be able to go more into detail. I'm just telling you what I know about it.
  • Lurking here. They would tell u if they had any concerns after u had ur second baby one of my aunts had 5 babies through c-sections with a 15 years age difference between the first and last one the second had 3 kids through C-sections back to back. Check with ur doctor but i dont think u should assume that its an issue. Good luck!
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Oh that's awesome news!! Thanks so miuch!
  • My oldest will still be 4 with I have my 4th c-section. I asked her to check during my third and she gave us the green light on a fourth. We're now done on our own accord but they may have said yes to another... Won't know how it looks until October.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • fiscally3fiscally3 member
    edited August 2014
    krazyinsane, that's really good to hear.  I just found out I am pregnant 11 months after my RCS and was nervous it was too soon, its nice to hear from other moms who have been there before :)
  • I had 2 sections back to back (20 months apart). My doctor gave us the green light for a 3rd whenever we decide we are ready. She does recommend waiting 18 months between deliveries.
    Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • @fiscally3‌ sounds like about a 19-20 month gap? This one is a 16.5 and last was 18... They weren't as open to a VBAC because of my smaller gaps but they aren't VBAC friendly in general. They kinda look at it as "it's too late to be pissy now" ;)
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • I just had two c-sections pretty close together (22 months apart) and my doc told me while I was still in recovery that I was fine to have a third. Talk to your doc of course, but I would assume if there was a reason why you shouldn't get pregnant again (like your uterus is thin) the doctor would have told you right after you had your second.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @krazyinsane  20 months apart, and the first two were 23.  Last time they said I had a 50/50 success rate on a VBAC, but most of the doctor recommended going for the section. And I know VBAC2 are hard to find around here.  Honestly, I've never met a person in real life who loved their VBAC (I've only heard good things online).  
  • My first and second c-sections were a year and 2 weeks apart.  My next, and last, will be 17 months from the previous one.  My first one was fairly easy.  My second one was a more pleasant experience, but the first 24 hours were the worst ever.  I'm nervous about this last one, but I'm not going to worry until I need to worry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm having my 3rd C-section in December.  My OB is not at all concerned about scar tissue or anything like that.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• It varies person to person and how well you sections and this next one will be my 6th and last. I know they can feel your abdomen and tell you somewhat how bad the scar tissue is. Scar tissue is harder for them to cut through. It increases the chances of nicking your baldder or something as they are cutting through it.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"