Preemies

NICU twin preemies and a loss

I recently delivered twins at 24 weeks and 5 days. The first few days seem to be going great until we received a call to rush to the hospital because one of my girls had taken a turn for the worse. The next day she passed away from pseudomonas in her bloodstream. My other daughter had been doing really well but she had to have a breathing tube put back in because she kept dropping her stats. After a couple days we were called in to the hospital again because she had taken a turn for the worse. We were told that she had pseudomonas pneumonia, luckily that can be treated and is doing much better. Please keep in mind her chest X-rays were normal until after the tube was put in. My husband and I are at a loss on what to because pseudomonas is an hospital acquired infection and my daughters would not have gotten it any other way other than contamination. Should this be something we research and take to a lawyer? Please if there is any healthcare professionals or lawyers out there that have dealt with this can you give me your advise?

Re: NICU twin preemies and a loss

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I would call a medical malpractice attorney for a consultation. Wishing you & your daughter lots of strength.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. However, ventilator associated pneumonia is unfortunately pretty common and not caused by maleficence on the part of your providers. Hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"