July 2014 Moms
Options

Nichole8787 very late birth story...gif addition

Nichole8787Nichole8787 member
edited August 2014 in July 2014 Moms
On my due date my husband and I had our 40 week appointment. I thought about bringing my hospital bag on the way but  just thought nahhhh.....

Well needless to say I was not cool. I had extremly high blood pressure. (which I had the week before) and after some tests it was determined that I had preeclampsia. Well I had never done any research so I was sitting there thinking  well fucking great I'm a million years pregnant and uncomfortable now 
 The Dr's told me we'd do our regular checks and decide what it meant. So they did and I was 4cm dilated 100% effaced and dropped to a level 2. I just knew this was good. 

SO the Dr. left the room to consult with another Dr. and when she came back I was having timeable contractions about 4 minutes apart. So she decided that I needed to walk over to labor and delivery and get checked in right then. Que my response

and my husband response

We left and as we were walking out of the office I told my husband I wanted to go to Subway.  This was how he looked at me

But we went because I knew I wouldn't eat for a long time. I just breathed through the contractions right there in the Subway while I ate my Italian sub and chocolate chip cookie. Because yall Subway is 

Well then we went to the hospital got checked in, made the phone calls to all grandparents and prepared to have the baby. Once checked in they decided that the best thing to do would be to break my water. Well the Dr comes in, I lay back spread my legs and the Dr. starts telling me what he's doing and all of a sudden I'm like

It just all hit me that I was really about to have a baby in that moment. I mean you'd think 9 months of being pregnant and preparing would make that evident but nope. Laying there with my legs spread open is what did it. So he stopped I wrapped my mind around it and then he proceeded to burst my waters which he said were already bulging and just waiting for one good car bump  or baby kick to break them. And let me tell you when my water broke image

but I just laughed hysterically
The nurse and Dr. seriously thought I was crazy....and my husband a little bit too. 
After we broke my water the contractions really intensified. I mean really intensified. I was still doing ok though and was working through the contractions by bouncing on the labor ball.
I seriously thought I was going to be able to make it through and go all natural. I had made it to 6 cm and was managing pretty well. Then the nurse suggested I try changing positions to help move the baby a long. She suggested getting onto the bed. OH! MY! GOD!!! Instant agony. I became that girl screaming my head off.

I tried for a little bit to get through it but nope. Wasn't gunna happen. So the nurse asked if I wanted an epidural. 
 She called for the epidural and gave me a dose of some magical pain medicine that knocked me on my ass for about 45 minutes. It was pure bliss...seriously the best shit ever.
It was in this sedated state that I looked up at my husband and he was crying and wiping tears out of his eyes...he said it was terrible to watch me in all of that pain...and we had one of these moments....
Well just as the kick ass miracle drug was wearing off the nurse made me assume the position and the anesthesiologist came in. She starts doing the epidural and I felt a huge jolt of electricity go down my leg. Que second nervous breakdown.....
I jumped,the anesthesiologist yelled at me and I lost it completely.  The anesthesiologist literally threw up her hands and walked out of the room without a word. 
I was ugly crying, snot hyperventilating the hole ugly bit. My husband tried to help but I was to far gone. He went for reinforcements and got my mom.
So  I calmed down and the anesthesiologist came back. After making sure I really wanted to do this and I made it clear that in order to stay calm no one else could come in the room She started to do it again. Well right as she prepped me again to do it three other employees walked in. My mom and I were both more or less like....
 After the epidural it was easy street....and then so much pressure. It was time to push. So I did a couple of practice pushes and my husband stood beside me and helped me focus and count and before I knew it the nurse got the Dr. It was time!
Well he came in and I told him to get this baby out of me! And he literally told me "No. You get this baby out of you." Can you believe that? lol Anyway So I pushed and my husband counted....and after a few of these

and these....
Our little man was born!!! He was born at 1:43 a.m! He just barely missed his due date! And he was 8 lb's and 10 oz of adorable! We love him so much and just keep falling more in love with him every single day! 

Here he is Mr. John Baylor. Photo taken on the day he was born!
image.

Re: Nichole8787 very late birth story...gif addition

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"