May 2014 Moms

Paci problems

My son is 3 months and has a paci addiction that is driving me bonkers. He's frantic without it but spits it out all the time. Grabs it out of his mouth with his hands but wants it back. He does this all night and I'm losing sleep as well as him. I'm ready to wean him off but I don't know how. Tried making him take his morning nap without one....that was an hour ago now he's screaming and won't sleep with or without the pacifier. I'm hoping someone has some advice to save my sanity. He's not swaddled anymore and too big for his bassinet so I'm ready for the crib but not with 30 pacifier re sets

Re: Paci problems

• I actually posted about this last week. I think it even had the same title haha. My guy frequently wakes up during naps the second the paci falls out. I was also putting it back in constantly. The only one I've found that doesn't fall out constantly is made by Tommee tippee. Now if I give him another brand he has no idea what to do with it. I've also found that if I position his head looking straight (once asleep) the paci stays in. The second he turns his head while sleepy, it's out. I've also found it falls out more in the crib when he is flat. In the swing and RNP, his head is elevated towards his chest and the paci doesn't have as far to fall
  • @Kimbus22‌ when can they do it themselves?
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to say DS1 was able to pop it back in himself around 4.5-5 months but I don't remember for sure.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• We only ever offered her paci during her "witching hours" which are between 4-8. Other than that she's not interested in it so I guess that makes us lucky. 

• @Lissiehoya‌ I love that book!
    And yes that's exactly where DD is right now, she has her hands in her mouth constantly and only takes the paci in the car for whatever reason. She's 12wks
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • He doesn't like the soothies anymore and I have a wubanub with no luck
  • @Lissiehoya‌ Right lol? "If you don't mind cleaning up accidents"?
    Uh who doesn't? I'm not following her around with a roll of paper towels that's for sure....
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"