Potty Training
Options

At what point do you give up and try again in a few months?

We have been at this for about 1.5 weeks and I'm ready to say uncle.  She can pee and poop on the potty IF I catch her at the right time and make her sit.  We even had 2 days straight of NO accidents, including several trips out and about for 2+ hours.  And then today between wake-up and lunch time, she peed on the potty (once, when she woke up and I told her it was time to go to the potty), then pooped in her panties, then peed twice in her panties, the second time only like 10 minutes after the first time.  And when she does this, she just keeps on playing.  She doesn't come get me, she doesn't complain, she doesn't tell me she needs new pants, she just keeps playing.

I really hate for the progress we've made this past 1.5 weeks to go to waste, but I feel like it's not going anywhere.  She's stubborn as a mule with EVERYTHING. But the fact that she doesn't seem to get upset when she poops or pees in her panties is concerning me.  I'm also worried because we are going to Disney at the end of September and if it's still like THIS when we go, it will be a disaster.  She will be 3 in November.  Opinions?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: At what point do you give up and try again in a few months?

• Options
    I would keep at it. Just stay consistent. It can be so frustrating at times but it's worth it once they are potty trained! Have you tried incentives for staying dry/using the potty? We did a sticker chart and m&ms at first, then just stickers, & now we've kind of laid off even on the stickers. Or maybe if she stays dry all week she can pick out a Disney toy or Minnie Mouse panties since y'all are going to Dinsey soon? Just a thought. But--if those don't help & you really feel like she's not ready there's nothing wrong with stopping & trying again later. Good luck & I hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"