December 2014 Moms
Options

Glucose Test Tomorrow

Hi Ladies,

I am doing my glucose test tomorrow afternoon (around lunchtime) and want to avoid carbs in the morning. One question for you guys... (and I know this is probably stupid)... does fruit count as carbs? I obviously know to avoid bread and sugar... but wasn't sure how fruit works in all of this. Thanks for any help!

Re: Glucose Test Tomorrow

• Options
    Yea you're going to want to avoid fruit- juice too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsAngelaMarie - I'm doing the one-hour non-fasting test. My doctor just told me to not eat something heavy in carbs before the test. I should have asked more specifics, but didn't think of it then... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My test was 3:30pm. I had one piece of toast with eggs and fried green beans (was an atkins diet thing minus toast). I had broccoli and chicken breast for lunch and a meat stick for snack in between. Good luck. I would avoid carbs if possible since they can raise blood sugar. Dont have anything with sugar including fruit. I took my test two weeks ago so I am assuming I passed since I didnt get a phone call.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am in no way giving you advice to do this, but with my last pregnancy I forgot that I was doing the test that day and had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch.  The test was three hours later.  I did pass it, though!  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"