Third-Party Reproduction
Options

bfn and moving onto IVF

This morning I tested even though I knew it would be negative,  I have been spotting since Friday and it only has gotten worse. been talking with the hubby and we have agreed to change donor sperm for our next round as we switch over to IVF. need to call the doctor this morning and let them know and get information on the exact cost of IVF. My parents have been asking me the cost of IVF and let us know they would like to help out which is really unexpected of them and beyond nice. We are possibly looking at September for trying IVF since I have training and the school year is starting within the next two weeks.

Is there any specific I should ask about IVF? 
Feb 2005- Diagnosed with PSOS
June 2011 - Hubby started dialysis causing need for DS
Jan 2013 - First visit to fertility clinic
March 2013 - Diagnosed bicornuate uterus no surgery needed
1st - IUI July 13, 2013- 150 Clomid and trigger, used DS - BFN
2nd  IUI August 14, 2013 clomid and trigger and progresteron used  DS.- BFN

May 2014- New doctor 
July 9 -ultra sound and ok to start 200 units of follistim
July 19- Triggered 
July 20 - First IUI with donor sperm - bfn
July 21- Second iui with donor sperm - started two week wait - BFN

Re: bfn and moving onto IVF

• Options
    First of all, I am so, very sorry about the BFN. All of this is just so hard!! I'm sending hugs <3

When we did our first IVF, we went in for an orientation and got all of the information we could think of. We met with the doctor, the nurse, did a practice transfer, got a meds lesson, and sat down with financial. They gave us all of the consent forms ahead of time to read, which helped us to generate some questions. 

A good blogger friend of mine made a post of her list of questions before her IVF orientation. It is extensive and very thorough!! Here's the link: Miles Yet to Travel. Just as a fair warning, she is currently pregnant and isn't a TPRer. But she is insanely cool and, like I said, the list is very thorough!!
    TTC since March 2012
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
    Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
    Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • Options
    Thank you. I am suppose to get some information emailed to me and a mock calendar. I am also suppose to get a list of meds I will be on and was told the doctor had already created my protocol for doing an IVF Cycle. I love my new clinic they are only an email away and get answers fairly quickly. We are waiting on a call from the finical department so we can get a package deal to save some money and to know cost so we can get our funding together. 
    Feb 2005- Diagnosed with PSOS
    June 2011 - Hubby started dialysis causing need for DS
    Jan 2013 - First visit to fertility clinic
    March 2013 - Diagnosed bicornuate uterus no surgery needed
    1st - IUI July 13, 2013- 150 Clomid and trigger, used DS - BFN
    2nd  IUI August 14, 2013 clomid and trigger and progresteron used  DS.- BFN

May 2014- New doctor 
    July 9 -ultra sound and ok to start 200 units of follistim
    July 19- Triggered 
    July 20 - First IUI with donor sperm - bfn
    July 21- Second iui with donor sperm - started two week wait - BFN

This discussion has been closed.