December 2014 Moms
Options

What are you shaving your legs with?

It is getting harder to shave with my growing belly. But can't stand hairy legs so still trying. Going to move onto taking baths & shaving. I can't afford to go get waxed by a professional. I was just wondering what others are using shaving gel wise? I have some stuff that is for sensitive skin but even that is irritating my skin. I may splurge eventually & get a Brazilian wax as that area is definitely impossible to shave now!

Re: What are you shaving your legs with?

• Options
    I use the Aveeno brand shaving gel for my legs and get my lady parts waxed. I broke down last week and asked DH to shave my legs, it hurts too much to try it now with this big ol' belly in my way.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also use conditioner or dove body wash.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I use the Venus Gillette Breeze and the snap for easy travel
  • Options
    I also use conditioner or body wash.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I shave with body wash. Also, I was fully capable of leg (& vag) shaving until the bitter end last time. You adjust and find a way to make it work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD1 born 2/15/13 ~ Due with #2 on 12/27/14 (it's a boy!) {Eff you, siggy line! Why won't you center align?!}
  • Options
    I used to use conditioner, but I read somewhere shampoo works better and it does for sure! Been using shampoo for a long time now
  • Options
    I use baby oil.  I love that it doesn't wash off when the water hits it.  I hated that shaving cream would be wasted if I accidently stuck my leg in the water before it was shaved. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Whatever body wash I use. I'm too lazy to apply different products. It's just quicker.
  • Options
    @OhMySpawn‌ ...i shaved everything til the end last time too. Today, I pretty much gave up on the vag today. I dont remember how the hell i managed last time but i did inform my SO that any and all sex would be strictly in the dark from here on out ;) :-?? X_X
  • Options
    Baby oil all the way! No more itchy legs after showering. Best thing ever
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     image   image 
  • Options
    I've never thought of using baby oil. I have to try that next time! Lol
  • Options
    A hope and a prayer ;) EOS right now but I'm about to start waxing.
  • Options
    I use body wash and my trusty schick quatro razor

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I've used Alba Botanica "Very Emollient" Cream Shave for years. I have incredibly sensitive skin and this stuff has made shaving a lot easier on my skin. It's really moisturizing too.

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    Already having such a hard time shaving doesn't help that occasionally the DH will blurt out " jeeze you need to shave those things" wish he could try shaving with a big belly in his way. Definitely going to try out some baby oil since my legs have been so dry.
    Violet Anna born 9/15/10!
    TEAM BLUE!!! EDD: 12/3/14!!!

November siggy challenge : CELEBRATION!

• Options
    I just use water and soap to shave.  Now I feel like I'm missing out?

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I use Schick Intuition so I don't have to worry about water washing off any lather- I have a shower without a tub so it's kinda hard to keep out of the spray. I also use regular Cetaphil bar soap and a Bic Soleil or Twilight disposable if I'm feeling slightly less lazy.
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    I use Kiss My Face shave lotion. It is a more natural product and doesn't irritate my skin. I feel like I get a much closer shave without as many in grown hairs.
  • Options
    I use the Venus Olay cartridge, I don't use any thing else with it but I have started using Vaseline lotion after getting out.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• Options
    Baby oil GEL. I have the most sensitive skin ever I get razor burn no matter what but ever since I started this 2 months ago I will never use anything else. You have to rinse off your razor more often but I haven't had a single bit of razor burn or dry legs since. Try it!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all the suggestions. I used to use baby oil gel BP...kinda forgot about that one. But I never used it a lot because it made the shower floor so slick.
  • Options
    EOS shave cream for me too. Makes all my uh, shaven parts, so soft!
  • Options
    I've always used body wash... Conditioner and baby oil are good ideas though! Might have to try that
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I use Dr Bronners soap (I like the lavender kind) and my shick Quattro :)

I am "lucky" I have Ehler-Danlos hypermobility and an incomplete left hip socket, so I can get my legs up no problem. I have a stand up shower and I just put my back against the wall and my foot up on the shampoo ledge. Good luck!

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Options
    Hedge trimmers.

But for real, baby oil and venus razor and a nice touch of Coochy spray afterwards. It prevents ingrown hairs.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I use coconut oil.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wait - we have to keep shaving our legs? Damnit.  ;)  Just kidding.  I use Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel.  I like the raspberry.  I also use a girly razor with the four blades, the name of which escapes me right now.  

A couple of weeks ago, I put on a skirt and realized I hadn't shaved in a couple of days.  I dry-shaved with my razor and regretted it for like a week.  Ouch.  Not ever doing that again.

Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sorry but my first thought was "my teeth" lol  blessed with long arms so I'm still able to shave the legs and lady bits with just shaving cream but try sitting down and putting your legs up on the wall or in the air and bring them back down to the side (like your armpit)  lets you shave easily but only if you're flexible enough lol

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Body wash.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"