Formula Feeding
Options

What's the difference in newborn formula and infant or gentlease?

I BF'd my first two for the first six weeks and then switched over to formula. Gentlease worked for DS1 so just went with it for DS2. I am thinking I am going to BF this time for a month or so, and even thinking about supplementing with a newborn or supplementation formula instead of pumping. Is it a good idea to keep switching formulas, though? Like newborn to infant or gentlease or spplemation form to gentlease? I always thought when you found one that your LO tolerates you went with i! Anyone have experience with this?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What's the difference in newborn formula and infant or gentlease?

• Options
    I supplemented for many months and used Infamil Newborn (or whatever it's called. The blue one) and then switched him to the Infant/yellow one when he was three months and he was fine. You can use the infant one from the beginning though. He got the newborn because I had every intention of EBF but had a crappy supply and the newborn one was the sample we got from the hospital.

I will say at three months, he seemed the be happier with the infant one than the newborn one, but I think it has to do with what PP mentioned about the newborn one being more broken down, which means it went through him faster and he was always hungry. Of course, there could have also been a growth spurt that coincided with the switch, too. Who knows?

Thanks. That makes sense!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"