Formula Feeding

Bottles

What brand of bottles is everyone using for EFF?

Re: Bottles

• Not EFF but we used Avent. Love that it only has a couple of parts and pieces to wash and deal with.
  • Dr Brown's here as well. We didn't try any others since we heard such good things about them. We like them :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Tommee Tippee and have had no issues.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• We still use Drop Ins w/DD#1 (we're weaning, though) and plan to use them again w/DD#2. No extra parts and the liners are recyclable. We didn't have a dishwasher so not having to wash bottles as well as nipples was important to me :) DD also loved them and I liked that I could squeeze out the extra air before she started eating.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With DD, we went thru Tommee Tippee, Avent, and Dr Brown's before we tried a free Similac bottle, which was the big winner. They stopped making those, but it didn't matter since DS (now 3.5 mos) hated those. He also hated Avent and Dr. Brown's. He's a Tommee Tippee guy. My kiddos are little gas machines at first, so finding the bottle that reduces gas was key and was different with each kid.
  • We used Tommee Tippee but it was really hard to make sure he wasn't getting any air so we switched to Avent and baby seems to be having a lot less gas problems.
  • We use avent and drop ins.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• We use Playtex Ventaire and have a few of the gerber first essentials.  I like the ventaire because its really easy to clean IMO.  The gerber first essentials are mostly because we lost a bottle and forgot a bottle and needed a quick replacement.
  • JustGoWithItJustGoWithIt member
    edited August 2014
    For those of you that tried different bottles due to gas issues, what was your process? Did you buy one of that type of bottle & wash/use it for every feed one day to see if it helped?

We currently use dr. Browns, but the standard nipple...considering a wide nipple...

Has anyone had experience with these bottles: https://www.munchkin.com/products/feeding/latch/latch-bottles/latch-bottle-1pk-8oz-with-one-sealing-disc.html ? Saw them for the first time at the store today & had never seen/heard of them. The idea seems logical.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • With DD we used Avent. With DS we were using the cheap Gerber ones, but now he is using the Nuk training sippy cups. He likes these a lot better.
  • My LO like the NUK bottles. We tried avent, and some mum bottles that look like a boob. But he takes a NUK soother so it makes sense that he would like those bottles. Which is good. They are only about $5 a bottle vs $25 for the mum ones! (Now I have a bottle graveyard of old 4oz bottles and other bottles we've tried!)
  • We used Dr Browns, then switched to Born Free when LO started drinking more than 4 oz in a sitting. 

For both I have both hand washed and put in the dishwasher. The nipples I always hand wash with a bottle brush. I did the initial sterilization but have not since. There is no need to sterilize bottles every week or ever again unless your LO has a compromised immune system or your water source is not potable. Or if your pedi told you another reason that you had to. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"