Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

gift for the mommy

A family member has just given birth to her second child. So I wondered what can I get her, baby is easy, but something to treat herself to. Something simple and not over the top something she can have herself. No flowers thats for sure. Any ideas? thanks in advance. 

Re: gift for the mommy

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I just had my second baby and honestly the best thing I have received was a delicious home cooked meal. A friend brought over a salad, a few sides, an entree (enough for a few meals) and a bottle of wine. It was so amazing to have a good home cooked meal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely agree with the home cooked meal idea, however, if you are thinking of more of a "gift" idea, I think a mani/pedi would be nice :)
    <Lilypie First Birthday tickers> <Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A really nice, comfy, machine-washable pair of pajamas or lounge clothes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Earrings are always a nice gift to help a mom feel pretty until she gets her body back. I like Kate Spade or Betsey Johnson for designer jewelry that's not too expensive.
  • Options
    Yeah I was thinking like a mani/pedi. I just remember that even after 3 months of giving birth I felt so frumpy and so unkept and not so pretty. Thanks for the ideas
  • Options
    jtmomma13jtmomma13 member
    edited August 2014
    I love the idea of a mani/pedi but I have about $200 worth of giftcards sitting at my house right now from people giving to me as gifts. Does she get mani/pedis? I do on a random day but I have a hard time leaving LO to go do it. 

So I am going to go with a home cooked meal. I also had a friend give me an alex & ani bracelet and I loved that! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"