April 2015 Moms
Options

HCG Levels

Anyone want to share their HCG levels? I'm 4 weeks 6 days and my level came back at 4145. I test again on Tuesday. At first I was encouraged as my last pregnancy at this point I was only at 955 and I lost that baby. Now I'm worried this is way too high? Thoughts?

Re: HCG Levels

• Options
    hCG levels

The following table is a guide to what hCG levels can be during pregnancy.
    For those of you who are interested, or are having hCG monitoring, here are the suggested reference ranges for a single baby pregnancy. As you can see the range of normal levels is very wide. hCG levels can be 30 to 50% higher than for a single baby pregnancy, in twin and multiple gestations.

Weeks of pregnancy
    after last menstrual period Days after conception Approximate hCG levels
    for single baby pregnancy (mIU/ml)
    Week 3 7 0 to 5
    Week 4 14 (next period due) 5 to 430
    Week 5 21 180 to 7400
    Week 6 28 1,100 to 56,500
    Weeks 7 to 8 35 to 42 7,600 to 230,000
    Weeks 9 to 12 49 to 70 25,300 to 290,000
    Weeks 13 to 16 77 to 100 14,000 to 243,000
    Weeks 17 to 24 4,000 to 165,000
    Weeks 25 to birth of baby 3,200 to 90,000
    4 to 6 weeks after birth Less than 5

These should be used as a guide only.
    hCG levels double approximately every 48 hours during early normal pregnancy. It reaches a peak at about 10 week of gestation (since last menstrual period). At which time the average hCG levels in samples is around 60,000 mIU/ml. There is a very big variation in individual hCG concentrations. At this time, the extremes of normal levels are approximately 10,000 to 250,000 mIU/ml.

In the next 10 weeks (10 to 20 weeks of gestation), hCG levels decline, reaching a average concentration of about 15,000 mIU/ml. Again, wide variation is found among individuals, concentrations ranging from 3,000 to 90,000 mIU/ml. The hCG concentrations remains at around this level, and with this variation from this time until term (20 to 40 weeks of gestation).

If you have any concerns you should always discuss your results with your Doctor.

This is what I found on a different thread. But I would ask your doctor what they think is normal or not normal.
  • Options
    https://community.babycenter.com/post/a29192251/updated_-_hcg_level_at_5_weeks

That's the thread I found that from. Just incase you want to see other posts as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was only at 19 when I was tested at 4w2d.  Is it possible that you could be further along than you initially thought?
  • Options
    @BethandBen Fx for doubling for you tomorrow!

• Options
    Have you seen the doctor already? My first doctor visit isn't until 9 weeks!
  • Options
    This shows averages. It's been about right for me. You can also check betabase.com
    BabyFetus Ticker
    TTC #1 since October 2013
    Married since September 2011
    Me and DH are both 29
    BFP 2/10/14 resulting in CP at 4w3d
    BFP 6/8/14 resulting in CP at 5w6d
    BFP 7/20/14 EDD: 4/2/15. It's a GIRL!
  • Options
    How do you all get your levels so often? Does the doctor tell you to do blood tests before first appt or do you ask? My first appt isn't until 8 weeks!
  • Options
    At 4 weeks 2 days, I was at 265. My Hcg was on the low end of normal with my DD too, so I'm hoping this little one hangs in there too. My OB doesn't usually test until the 8 week visit (1st visit) so I called and asked for an order for Hcg and progesterone levels.
    Does anyone else have concerns with progesterone levels?
  • Options
    @teachnva, my gyn doesn't deliver babies anymore, so initially with the first pregnancy he tested me often to confirm a uterine pregnancy before sending me to an OB.  

Last time we tested frequently because I had high levels.  

This time I am testing a week apart since my first levels were so low, he wants to make sure they are doubling as they should be but wanted to give it enough time to see a decent difference.  

However, I think every doctor is truly different.  :)
  • Options
    Thank you @cm312rn‌ I've been reading about so many peoples levels it made me feel like I needed to know mine to know if everything was okay
  • Options
    I had mine done thursday and it was 4,321 and again Saturday but I won't get them results tomorrow . Im 5w4d today
  • Options
    @mskitty144, I am nervous about my progesterone levels too.  We drew those the same day we took my first betas.  it was 5.4.  My dr says it is in "normal" for how far along i am and that he wouldn't recommend progesterone unless it was less than 5, but that he would continue to monitor it with my betas.
  • Options
    My first hcg was 39 monday and today it was 123 this morning.
  • Options
    Last Thursday 4w3d mine was 749. Today 5w2d it was 10719. Mine are checked frequently due to IVF.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Last week at 3 weeks 6 days (we think) I was at 875. Had done again today but don't have results yet. I get checked weekly because I have hypothyroidism and I had a miscarriage right before this pregnancy so we are trying to determine exactly how far along I am.
  • Options
    My beta on 8/1 was 36 and then on 8/4 it was 183. I'm either 4w5d today (8/7) or 5w3d depending on if I go off LMP or O date. I don't think the number matters as much as the doubling rate. :)
  • Options
    I was first tested at 5 weeks 4 days and it came back at around 5800 then 2 days later at 5 weeks 6 days it had gone up to almost 9900.
  • Options
    at 4 weeks I was 119, 4w4d 489, 5 weeks 968. They said they felt the numbers were a little low however progressing nicely and it's the progression that is important. at 5w6d I had an ultrasound that showed a heart beat of 120. I asked for a progesterone level to be drawn the same day as the U/S bc of my PCOS. I'm glad I did because my level came back at 6.8 and they wanted to start me on a cream right away. I worry about the progesterone level.
  • Options
    I was just tested at 5 weeks 6 days and it was 14553 and progesterone was 15.6
  • Options
    Mine was 738 at three weeks and 1300 forty-five hours later. I had been temping for months so I know exactly when I O'd. I have twins and a singleton... I'm secretly nervous this may be twins again. I'm only 3 weeks 4 days today and I am having a bit of trouble hiding the bump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"