January 2015 Moms
Options

If anyone else ... (Complaint)

Tells me they just "knew it was a girl" and "I TOLD you it was a girl" I will punch them in the face.
You had a 50/50 chance. It's not intuition, it's dumb luck. Or wishful thinking.

Re: If anyone else ... (Complaint)

• Options
    Really? I love hearing if people's guesses were right or wrong and especially their reason/method for their guess.
  • Options
    Punching them in the face? That's an odd response.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Violence solves every very little small annoyance of the world, dontcha know?

I like when people guess :)
    I'm also sure once our LO comes out, I'll get "I knew it was a girl!!" or "I told you it was a boy!!"... I'm pretty sure I've been that annoying friend sometimes. It's just what people do.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    sigh...
    I know, I'm growing a baby. It should be all peace love and hugs up in here.
  • Options
    lbete said:
    sigh... I know, I'm growing a baby. It should be all peace love and hugs up in here.
    No one said that.  No one said we're all shooting rainbows and puppies all over.
    Just a weird thing, IMO, to get so angry about.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    To solve that problem we did an online baby pool that people could guess on the gender, height, weight, date of birth, eye colour, hair colour, first initial etc and then it was in writing because I have a lot of family/friends that I like to prove wrong and if you didn't have their guesses in writing they would change their guess just to be "right"...which I also find annoying....haha (also we knew that DS was a boy, we just didn't tell anyone)
  • Options
    Normally the guesses don't both me and I find them to be all in fun. However, I have had a stranger totally argue with me in the grocery store when they say "Oh it's a boy, I can tell by how you're carrying" and I reply, "Actually, we already found out it's a girl" and they tell me my doctor is wrong and just watch, it will be a boy. And she wouldn't drop it, even after I walked away. I may have wanted to punch that person, but it was more likely due to being super mega pregnant and she seemed kinda loony tunes.

• Options

True, this is why I prefer the throat punch. Way more effective

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    People find the strangest things to get all bent over. Who cares if they just knew it was going to be a girl? Who cares if they had an intuition?
    Smile, nod and walk away. Problem solved.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    It can get annoying, but people are just excited when they guess correctly. ..The only reason I'm hoping for a girl is because my mother in law has insisted the baby was a boy from the moment we announced our pregnancy... (because she had four sons and all of her boys had a boy for their second child.. so mine HAS to be a boy.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"