School-Aged Children
Options

Birthday Gift Questions

We go to a lot of birthday parties these days (DD is 5.5). I have two questions about the gifts i give:
1. is it OK that i dont give gift receipts? Mainly i buy off Amazon so no receipt to give. Gifts are cheaper there but I know parents cant return if the kid already has the item. is this a big deal?
2. I use gift bags. Some friends told me kids prefer wrapped gifts. Should i wrap? are gift bags ok? 
I might be over thinking I just wondered about these two things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthday Gift Questions

• Options
    Lots of the presents my kids get don't come with gift receipts and most are in gift bags - in my area at least, I'm rare in that I prefer to wrap the presents (I think gift bags are too expensive!). So I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think the kids care one way of the other as far as gift bags/wrapping is concerned - especially not at that age - gift bags mean they get to the present quicker which is what they're really interested in.

2 children - DD born Dec 2004, DS born Jan 2007
    British born, emigrated to Canada 2006
  • Options
    I don't always give gift receipts. A lot of times I buy toys on sale/clearance and stash them away until I need them.

I doubt kids really care about wrap vs bags (except maybe on Christmas).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't usually give a gift receipt either.

I wrap my presents in whatever I have on hand, so usually some sort of cheap wrapping paper. I make cards as a hobby so we give one of those with the gift.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I think you are doing fine.  I love gift receipts, but I don't think they are mandatory and I know my kids never get them at their birthdays.  I have never heard anyone say that gift bags were bad. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    Agreed gift receipts are not necessary though I admit that I always shop locally for hose types of parties bc I generally have zero clue what the kid might have or be into and I would prefer my gift didn't get trashed or stuck in the back of a closet if they could get something they'd like better. I think last year we got maybe three gift receipts at LOs bday party. I actually gift wrap bc I often don't have a gift bag to recycle and find it easier to have some wrapping paper on hand so I don't have to remember to pick up the right sized gift bag but I think I am in he minority, I notice a lot of gift bagsa t kids parties and I don't think kids care either way at all.t
  • Options
    I always give gift receipts because of the amount of times I was given gifts as a child that I already had. I personally think that if you aren't going to give gift receipts, check with the parents that the child doesn't already have what you plan to give. 

I always wrap my gifts, but that's because I enjoy wrapping them. I've never met a child who actually cared whether their gifts were wrapped or but in gift bags.
    Mentions of children in signature

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"