July 2013 Moms

Re: BF through puberty

• Options
    Well I would certainly be bothered by seeing a bearded kid still breastfeeding. I would mind my own business and would never confront her but I think it's weird and would create all sorts of issues for the kid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "I get the feeling that my body isn’t producing milk because Mason needs it, it’s producing milk because my body knows that we live in a problematic society that discourages women from letting their children suck on their boobs in public. That and I have a hormonal imbalance."

Looking at the last line I think this is satire and anti-extended breastfeeding

K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    That thought entered my mind, but I thought there were way too many details. Good to know!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    jamis1284 said:

I'm going w/ this is a satire piece....the whole part about it being sexual just didn't seem right...lol

Agreed.
  • Options
    How about this one?

https://www.empowher.com/community/share/young-mom-breastfeeds-her-son-and-her-dad

(She didn't actually breastfeed her dad but gave him milk because she had seen a documentary about it helping with cancer.)
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Definitely fake. Did you see the "author's" bio? That was super offensive.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely fake. Did you see the "author's" bio? That was super offensive.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I didn't even see that. That would have been a dead giveaway...
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    https://www.rooftopcomedy.com/comics/NickMullen

He's a 'comedian'. Using that word very loosely right now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I'm curious. How would everyone feel if someone did do this? I'm not talking have kid suck on your boob until they can drive a car. But what if the mom pumped and that was just the milk the kid drank. Would that equally be weird?
    I don't think so... My neighbour gave her 4-year old pumped BM in a milkshake a few times a week during flu season and I may or may not have joked about pumping for many more years because BFing keeps my Lupus in check....

• Options
    I'm curious. How would everyone feel if someone did do this? I'm not talking have kid suck on your boob until they can drive a car. But what if the mom pumped and that was just the milk the kid drank. Would that equally be weird?
    I don't think so... My neighbour gave her 4-year old pumped BM in a milkshake a few times a week during flu season and I may or may not have joked about pumping for many more years because BFing keeps my Lupus in check....
    If BFing/pumping makes you feel physically better then you should just go for it. If you eventually switch the pumping and your kiddo isn't using all your milk you can totally donate it (depending on what medications you're on). If you feel better enough that its worth the PITA of pumping... Do it!
    : It's not necessarily donateable (is that even a word?), depending on who you are donating it to.  Milk banks won't accept milk once your child is over a year because the composition of your milk has changed and is not optimal for little fragile babies that need it.  If it's a private donation the recipient might not care. I know it's all hypothetical anyway, and I'm not discouraging the idea, just pointing that out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• Options
    If BFing/pumping makes you feel physically better then you should just go for it. If you eventually switch the pumping and your kiddo isn't using all your milk you can totally donate it (depending on what medications you're on). If you feel better enough that its worth the PITA of pumping... Do it!

Thanks... Right now I'm nowhere near ready to wean, so I haven't seriously given it a thought, but I don't need any medications when pregnant or breastfeeding... and I'm pretty sure I'm done after 2 kids, so... we'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"