September 2013 Moms

White noise

MeganbrynMeganbryn member
edited August 2014 in September 2013 Moms
Does your LO use white noise/other at night and or nap times.

White noise 89 votes

LO uses some sort of sound at night and bedtimes
74% 66 votes
LO use to but doesn't anymore
8% 8 votes
LO never has
16% 15 votes

Re: White noise

• First one was meant to say at night and naptimes and I forgot SS whoops! Not sure I can edit it now.
  • Yep! We started using white noise early on. It quickly became a part of nap and bedtime routines.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use a radio on static for bed time. It helps cut down on house noise o or us getting up and going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. DH is so loud when he gets up!
  • At night usually nothing (unless the a/c is running). At naps I turn her giraffe on to wash out the noise if me in the house until it turn off on it's own. My mom doesn't use anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ditto @jnetx. My MIL keeps asking when we are going to stop using it @Meganbryn‌ and even had her sleep without when she babysat a few weeks ago because "she couldn't turn it on" and told me, "see I told you she doesn't need it!" 8-| well guess what I like that it covers up the noise in the house so suck it.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• White noise at night. It also helps to cover up DH's and the dog's snoring. DS can sleep without it.
  • We have an air purifier, also. We have a big one in our room, so when we moved her to her own room, we set up the smaller one in there to make it as much the same sleeping experience as possible. DH had both of these before I met him, so nothing extra we didn't already have. I turn it on for naps and bed time.

When we stay at MILs, we turn on the bathroom fan. It's DHs old bedroom that has a bathroom.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We used a white noise machine from birth till June when we put in the a/c. I'll probably use the machine again when we stop using the a/c. Same reason as @jnetx‌, to cover up other noises.
  • My LO takes his naps on the balcony, and we live near a busy street so the "white noise" is the sound of traffic. Occasionally, he'll nap in the living room and the white noise is the window A/C unit. At night, we bed share and have white noise. It helps all of us sleep.
    EDD 9/3/13
  • Yes, we didn't used to, but he had trouble sleeping when he moved from the bassinette to the crib, and the white noise helped. I am thinking about getting rid of it soon, but it is working, so I am nervous to disrupt it. I am going to try and lower the sound level until it's barely there, when I do get round to weaning him off it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• We use a cd that has rain sounds.  It does not play all night though....only about an hour.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I have a sound machine that plays rain sound but she doesn't need it to fall asleep. Like pp said I use it more to drown out the sounds of house. Like her brother digging in the Lego bucket for the perfect piece.

I do play Rockabye Lullaby music when she goes to bed at night but that is more for me I think ☺

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"