Blended Families

1st time not being with ds on birthday

Does this get any easier? My ex and are in the middle of child support and custody court and already following court standard holiday schedule which for this year it's my exs turn to have ds on his birthday! I feel completely anxious and overwhelmed with not seeing him on this special day! My ex has had him for overnights and I've been fine but not this time. Please tell me it gets easier!!!

Re: 1st time not being with ds on birthday

• Awe i have not had this happen yet. I will have DS2 on his birthday in out weekly rotation and I doubt we will have any resolutions until then so I may not have to deal with it to soon. But it's got to be a bummer. This has got to be the hardest part - time away from the kids during special times.
  • For me, it got easier. We developed our own special traditions and it became more about the celebration of another year than a specific day. Still, I cried like a baby the first year. I still get a little sad on Christmas but I know he's having a blast with his dad so I try not to let it get me down.
  • Loading the player...
  • It will get easier.  But you may want to do what new+tothis suggests.  

We don't focus on the actual DAY because we were military and the odds of Daddy being able to do a celebration on the day were less than 25%.  So we always focused on celebrating the year.  
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • I agree that it does get easier and PP's have great advice.

One of my biggest holiday issues was Christmas. I just told DS that Santa knew he had 2 households so he visited both, even though he wasn't at my home at the time.

When I was by myself on special occasions I would just try to stay as busy as possible.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"