LGBT Parenting
Options

Moms to newborns/LOs -help me finish off my registry!

Hey all,
Though we have a bunch of stuff, we had a handful of things we did not get from our registry and I plan to finish it off this weekend with my 1-time 15% discount on Amazon. I added some things I didn't want on there before - nursing bras for example.

I wondered if any of you had any "omg you must get THIS burp cloth" type suggestions (which ball.and.chain did) for me to add before I close it out. PLMK! If you include the link to the Amazon item link even better, and if it's PRIME, even better still :).

Thanks in advance! Just want to take max advantage of the 15% off!
2mamaz :)
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: Moms to newborns/LOs -help me finish off my registry!

• Options
    Nosefrida!  I love this thing! https://www.amazon.com/Nosefrida-The-Snotsucker-Nasal-Aspirator/dp/B00171WXII/ref=zg_bs_baby-products_10

These gum brushes (I was using a washcloth, but I figured this would get them used to the feeling of a toothbrush sooner that later. Healthy habits ftw!)  https://www.amazon.com/Gummy-Sticks-Massagers-Green-Orange/dp/B0031B5CEE/ref=zg_bs_166736011_14

And the best:  This summer's infant car seat cover. I have bundleme's..  but it's too hot to use them right now. I also like these because it's so easy to get at the babies and it's got 50spf built in. 
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    Already got me a nosefrida, but I added the other two!! Thank you so much @pinkspark!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So, I have a few thoughts that are not specific items with links (sorry!):

-- get the largest burp cloths that you can find/that you like. We didn't purchase any, because we have a friend who made us a boatload of burp cloths, but she made them in all different shapes and sizes, because she didn't know what we would want/need. Well, the smaller ones are totally useless. You are going to want something that gives you full shoulder coverage. I have thought a few times about just using a towel if I cared about what I was wearing. My son is a little monkey, and he likes to play with the burb cloth or move it all around when he is over the shoulder burping, and with the smaller cloths he will miss the cloth entirely and spit up or slobber all over my shirt. Now of course this cannot be entirely avoided, but the bigger the burp cloth the less likely it is to happen in my opinion.

-- I wish we had gotten two of several items so that we would have a dedicated one for in the diaper bag and one to keep at home. Here are some dedicated diaper bag items I wish we had thought to get in advance: hairbrush/comb; nail clippers; fragrance-free hand sanitizer; if you are planning on using pacifiers at all, put 2 in there that stay in there all the time (for when one inevitably falls on the floor)... this is probably all common sense stuff, but we didn't think about having dedicated diaper bag stuff, and the first couple times we went out we were moving stuff in and out of the diaper bag and it was annoying and we kept forgetting the hairbrush and were annoyed when we didn't have it!

-- Oh a wet bag for the diaper bag! We learned that the hard way. Had to throw out a poop-covered onesie once because we had no way to transport it home.

-- LOTS of changing pad covers like these: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12764099&cp=&parentPage=search ... we actually put them on top of the pretty changing pad covers so that the pretty ones don't get dirty. We also put these in the pack-n-play changing area, since we use that as our downstairs changing table. Between poop, pee, spit up, etc., we are lucky if we get through a day without throwing one in the wash and putting another one on the changing table(s). We actually just bought another pack of them last weekend so that we wouldn't have to wash them as frequently.

-- Someone got us this - https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Briefcase-Paperwork-Organizer-Periwinkle/dp/B001F8TLLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406925426&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+briefcase and I totally love it. It is an easy way to keep important docs (or copies of important docs) handy. When we had to take Will to the ER on the middle of the night at 4 weeks old, we just grabbed the baby briefcase. Had copies of birth certificate, social security card, discharge papers from hospital when he was born, temp guardianship docs for my wife, paperwork from his first pediatrician visit, etc.

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head, but there have been so many time that I have thought or said "I wish I had..." or "I am so glad we have" or even "I wish we DIDN'T spend money on..." ... so let me give this some more thought and I might be back! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    @KH826 - great advice! We got two nail clippers (it even said "one for the diaper bag!") and then two brushes, and i thought "oh geez, I don't need two..." but now I realize that will be a big help!

Also, a L&D nurse/mom friend gave us a gross (like 30 pack) of these big square wash cloths for burp clothes. I didn't exactly 'get it' but your post puts it together for me! We did get a handful of of types but I will avoid the smaller ones and maybe find another use... Good advice to avoid being slimed!

@jrtmom suggested the same on the changing pads (different brand) - I've got 6 in there... we'll see if that is enough.

Great suggestion on the baby briefcase!! I added that to the registry. Makes so much sense to be able to grab and go and have an easy one-stop-shop. Super smart - thank you for ALL the advice!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Oh. I'm glad you asked cause I love talking about the short cuts we found.

1. I would get the safety first bottle medicine dispenser. After trying to give meds in a syringe we found this and it works awesome. Just put a little of bm or formula in it with the medicine and viola! Plus it's great to prank those who baby sit by telling them it's the only bottle she'll take and you have to fill it 10 times! We've done this prank and the look on their face is priceless!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0056S88AK/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?qid=1406928289&sr=8-1-spell

2. If you plan to breast feed the momzelle shirts are awesome. You can discreetly bf without pulling your whole shirt up and have your belly hang out. My wife loves hers. Plus they're cute.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M9LSOQK/ref=sr_sp-btf_title_1_5?qid=1406929011&sr=8-5

3. If you're planning on daycare I would get a thirty one insulated bag with her name on it. Then go to inchbug.com and get the rubber bottle labels with her name on them. They fit over bottles and are super cute. That way all you have to do is put labeled bottles in labeled bag and you're done. After 5 weeks of using masking tape to label everything we found these to be time savers.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Agree with KH about burp cloths.  The ones I recommended are big, curved nicely to fit your shoulder, and have a snap so they can double as a cape-style giant bib for your baby.  Plus they are softer and more absorbent than lots of other burp cloths I received.  If you have smaller ones, you can always use them for miscellaneous wiping up of things.  There's always something to wipe. :)

Did you get some kind of dishwasher basket for bottle pieces?  I thought this was unnecessary until we started using bottles.  Especially if you use Dr. Brown's or Tommee Tippee, there are lots of little pieces that can get lost in the dishwasher.  We recently bought this, which works well to corral everything:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038JE61O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nursing pads?  Someone recommended Bamboobies to me and I have to say I feel mixed about them.  On the one hand, super soft bamboo velour, cute, reusable.  OTOH, they don't really stay in place or lie flat.  In a way I prefer the disposable ones, because they have adhesive and are curved.  I've tried Lansinoh and Medela and I think I prefer Medela but the Lansinoh ones are fine.  Even if you don't have an issue with leaking (which is really what they are made for), I recommend using them to keep nipple butter/lanolin/whatever lube you are using off your clothes.

My favorite nursing tanks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7TBY44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Reasonably supportive (though I need to layer with real bra for good support, they are fine alone for around the house), comfy and the empire waist is forgiving to postpartum bellies.  I wear them all the time -- I bought 2 but honestly if there were more colors I would buy more and wear them every day.

I originally found out about them here (from @ATXMommas I think), but Ben lurrrrrves his WubbaNub.  We bought a second one within days of getting home from the hospital.

I may think of other things but that's it for now!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I originally found out about them here (from @ATXMommas I think), but Ben lurrrrrves his WubbaNub.  We bought a second one within days of getting home from the hospital.

I may think of other things but that's it for now!
    Oh man, YES @ball.and.chain! I had ordered a dragon Wubbanub and an Owl before I had the kids and that is the preferred choice for both of them whenever they are offered a pacifier. Mr Man loves his dragon and Little lady loves her owl..  it is terribly cute to watch them snuggle with them!
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    I think you have the registry pretty well covered.

Not things you need from Amazon, but
    go ahead and get some baby aspirin, Motrin, and nasal spray. It's good to have on hand if/when you need them. We also keep a pack of boogie wipes in our diaper bag and in the house.

Also, think about what you want to wear PP. I bought a few new pairs of pjs with button tops. I bought a size bigger than my pre-pregnancy size so nothing would feel tight. And the new pjs helper me feel a lil cute at a time when you feel like... Well, feel like you just delivered a baby.

So excited that Simone is almost here!
  • Options
     -omg the breast friend. Forget the bobby pillow, or rather use that to prop her up in when she is a bit older... The breast friend is the best nursiing pillow. It really helped with comfort in ppositioning and being able to check her latch. My Brest Friend Original Pillow, Fireworks by My Brest Friend https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TSDMH8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_F4o3tb19CGGBQ
    So true.  I have a Boppy (hand me down) and it sucks right now.  He is still way too low when he's on it and I end up bending over, which is not great for my back or positioning.  I probably should get a Brest Friend pillow too.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    I totally agree with @ATXmommas about thinking about what you will want to wear. I totally overpacked for the hospital and everyone thought I was crazy, but I ended up using almost everything I brought since we were in the hospital for 5 days. The item I was most glad to have in my hospital bag was my Medela nursing tank. They let me wear in under my hospital gown for all of labor and delivery and it made me feel much more comfortable, less exposed and more supported since I couldn't wear a bra. They said as long as it didn't have any metal (which my bra did), I could wear it. I brought two nursing tanks and two nursing bras to the hospital and I wore all of them. I also bought a few pairs of leggings and long sleep shirts for when I got home - that was a good decision! And yes, buy a size bigger in everything for your first few weeks a home. Anything remotely close fitting made me cringe!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Karlamo said:
    Oh. I'm glad you asked cause I love talking about the short cuts we found. 1. I would get the safety first bottle medicine dispenser. After trying to give meds in a syringe we found this and it works awesome. Just put a little of bm or formula in it with the medicine and viola! Plus it's great to prank those who baby sit by telling them it's the only bottle she'll take and you have to fill it 10 times! We've done this prank and the look on their face is priceless!! https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0056S88AK/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?qid=1406928289&sr=8-1-spell 2. If you plan to breast feed the momzelle shirts are awesome. You can discreetly bf without pulling your whole shirt up and have your belly hang out. My wife loves hers. Plus they're cute. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M9LSOQK/ref=sr_sp-btf_title_1_5?qid=1406929011&sr=8-5 3. If you're planning on daycare I would get a thirty one insulated bag with her name on it. Then go to inchbug.com and get the rubber bottle labels with her name on them. They fit over bottles and are super cute. That way all you have to do is put labeled bottles in labeled bag and you're done. After 5 weeks of using masking tape to label everything we found these to be time savers. Hope this helps!
    Done! Great suggestions!!! :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    My Moby and my Ergo are my two favorite things from our registry. The things I wished we'd registered for are a travel crib (not a pack and play) and a jumparoo (those things are over $100!). It seemed like those were things that we'd use so far in the future, and now, a mere five months later, we are having to buy it all without our nice completion discounts!

You're so close now!!! Yay!!!
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

• Options
    ATXmommas said:
    I think you have the registry pretty well covered. Not things you need from Amazon, but go ahead and get some baby aspirin, Motrin, and nasal spray. It's good to have on hand if/when you need them. We also keep a pack of boogie wipes in our diaper bag and in the house. Also, think about what you want to wear PP. I bought a few new pairs of pjs with button tops. I bought a size bigger than my pre-pregnancy size so nothing would feel tight. And the new pjs helper me feel a lil cute at a time when you feel like... Well, feel like you just delivered a baby. So excited that Simone is almost here!
    Great stuff, and oddly, all available on Amazon!! I will work on the PJs, good call I hadn't thought about! :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    @herbabymama - Great minds think alike! I have EVERYTHING on your list! :) Hand-me-down brest friend and bouncy chair; aden & anias swaddlers (though not the rayone/bamboo... I added those though we have a thousand blankets it seems); moby (along with a hand-me-down ergo and baby bjorn); and I got the sleep sheep open-box for cheap on amazon! :) Thank you!!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    yachee said:
    My Moby and my Ergo are my two favorite things from our registry. The things I wished we'd registered for are a travel crib (not a pack and play) and a jumparoo (those things are over $100!). It seemed like those were things that we'd use so far in the future, and now, a mere five months later, we are having to buy it all without our nice completion discounts! You're so close now!!! Yay!!!

We've got the Moby & Ergo! I am looking at the jumperoos - I think someone gave us one (there are a few things in the pile in the basement I haven't quite put together yet but I think that is what it is actually. We have a swing too we got for super cheap from a friend of a friend.  Thanks  lady! (p.s. I emailed your wife about newborn pix!)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826 said:
    I totally agree with @ATXmommas about thinking about what you will want to wear. I totally overpacked for the hospital and everyone thought I was crazy, but I ended up using almost everything I brought since we were in the hospital for 5 days. The item I was most glad to have in my hospital bag was my Medela nursing tank. They let me wear in under my hospital gown for all of labor and delivery and it made me feel much more comfortable, less exposed and more supported since I couldn't wear a bra. They said as long as it didn't have any metal (which my bra did), I could wear it. I brought two nursing tanks and two nursing bras to the hospital and I wore all of them. I also bought a few pairs of leggings and long sleep shirts for when I got home - that was a good decision! And yes, buy a size bigger in everything for your first few weeks a home. Anything remotely close fitting made me cringe!
    Nursing tanks! Smart to take along, I will. And I won't fear overpacking :). THx again!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
     -omg the breast friend. Forget the bobby pillow, or rather use that to prop her up in when she is a bit older... The breast friend is the best nursiing pillow. It really helped with comfort in ppositioning and being able to check her latch. My Brest Friend Original Pillow, Fireworks by My Brest Friend https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TSDMH8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_F4o3tb19CGGBQ
    So true.  I have a Boppy (hand me down) and it sucks right now.  He is still way too low when he's on it and I end up bending over, which is not great for my back or positioning.  I probably should get a Brest Friend pillow too.
    I got a hand me down brest friend and it does seem super smart! My local pal said she wears hers all around the house. Also, I was advised to take to the hospital by a friend who said it was indespensible there for her. So It's going in the pile :).

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Just poppin' in to say I absolutely love this thread - so much a great advice and products here!! :-) I know I just added a few things/ideas to my own Amazon.  Thanks @2Mamazinseattle for starting this and everyone for sharing.
  • Options
    JGYJGY member

Sooo late to this party, I apologize.

Not sure if you have this already or not, but the one thing that I ended up REALLY regretting not taking to the hospital, was my pumping bustier/bra hands-free thing.  There are a number of reasons why they might recommend you pump while in the hospital (for us it was that G was jaundiced and we needed to get every micro-ounce of colostrum into him, as well as encouraging my milk to come in).  I ended up having to do 1 breast at a time and hold the flanges on.  In the middle of the night, after EVERY nursing session.  Blah.  If you don't have one, buy one.  If you do have one, throw it in your hospital bag!

https://www.amazon.com/Expression-Bustier-Hands-Pumping-Medium/dp/B002NUXHJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407163007&sr=8-1&keywords=medela+hands+free+pumping+bra

OMG, also THESE for night time support while nursing:

https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Womens/dp/B001H1PYCA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1407162955&sr=8-8&keywords=medela+nursing+bra

If you can still get a discount, you might want to grab a pair of Robeez shoes for later on - you never know when she's going to need them (I'd skip the newborn size, go for 3-6 months).

Also, if you don't already have one, we found that the thermometer that you can place on their temple (rather than ear or rectal) was the best option for us.  We found a reasonably priced one at Target.  Ours looks like this, but I can't remember the brand.  There are a ton on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Instant-Digital-Temple-Thermometers/dp/B001FX70WC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1407163133&sr=8-4&keywords=temple+thermometer

I second the gentle giraffe (looks like you got one, yay) but also the bamboo giant swaddle blankets (ours are Aden & Anais).  Seriously.  Best nursing cover EVER.  Never too hot or too chilly.  They get softer with every wash.  Even still now we rarely leave the house for any extended period of time without one of G's "Softies."

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @JGY Awesome advice! Tonight is our newborn prep visit with our doula so I was waiting for her before I clicked the "buy" button! I have a hands free pump bra but it would not have occurred to me to take it to the hospital. Genius. With the GD, if she has low blood sugar she could be put in NICU on formula or donated breast milk and I will definitely want to pump. I'll add the medela bra you suggested. I have a couple pair of Robeez, and added the swaddle blankets @herbabymama‌ suggested. I have 5 Aden and anais muslin ones plus a few others 42"+. Also got the temporal thermometer! Thank you!! This thread has been SUPER helpful!!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Just FYI. I hated my hands free Medela bra. One size was too small, the next size up was too big. And the zipper kept breaking, so I always had to pull it over my head. The Simple Wishes bra rocks my world. It only comes in two sizes because it had an adjustable band. And a sturdy zipper. Love, love it. As much as you can love a pumping bra, that is.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00295MQLU?pc_redir=1407010068&robot_redir=1
  • Options
    She told me! Yaaaay! :)
    Me: 31, Wife: 32 (met when we were 15)
    Married to my beautiful wife/baby mama on 07/07/07
    My brother is our KD
    5/2012: 5 cycles of at-home tries - BFN
    1/2013: 4 medicated IUIs - BFN
    6/2013: 1 IVF - BFP w/twin girls! Born 2/27/14!

• Options
    @herbabymama‌ good advice, though it was like 90 and sweltering here yesterday...maybe I'll get a lighter bathrobe for my August baby and a fluffy one for in a couple months. The robe I have now is ok, but I need to go shopping for some other stuff today and will see what I can find. Good advice, I hadn't really thought about that in terms of bonding, I figured the boob would win her over! Lol!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Thanks @Herbabymama! I definitely plan a lot of skin to skin, but good god it's been so HOT I am not sure how much she'll enjoy that...but we'll see. I will look at robes with your suggestions/advice in mind. Thank you! I am not normally a "robe person" so hadn't thought about it. I think my MIL is coming to stay right after the baby comes home so having a robe may be great in that regard too (can't exactly just run around in my skivvies..).

Mwah!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    jrtmom said:

Sorry, I haven't been on since mid July and just saw this. You have some great suggestions! If I think of anything I'll email you. Amazon Prime definitely came in handy once Henry was born. :) Even with all the best suggestions in the world, there was always one more thing we needed that was surely the key to a happy newborn. One thing Henry did love in the very early days was those black and white books for newborns. They are very simple, and he loved staring at the images.

sad but true, J and I each have our own Prime account !! She was mad she couldn't buy me presents without me knowing, somehow it was worth $80 to her to have that!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"