February 2015 Moms
Options

Sonoline B - Heart Rate Results

I know a lot of us are using the Sonoline B and getting to hear the baby's heartbeat, so this post isn't about that...exactly.

I got mine yesterday and I'm 11 weeks 1 day.  I was able to find the baby's heartbeat, but the rate on the screen said 124.  I think 120-160 is in the normal range, but I think it was at least 130 at our last ultrasound where they measured it by the ultrasound at about 8 weeks.  

What kind of results are the rest of you seeing with the Sonoline B?  Is a 124 something I should be concerned about?

Pregnancy Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sonoline B - Heart Rate Results

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I tried googling it last night and of course couldn't find anything, but this morning after I put this post up found loads that say, yes, it runs low.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I agree that I don't fully trust the rate it shows.  It seems like I have to pick it up very clearly and without any other sounds for it to rise and seem somewhat accurate, which I can't always do.  Even then I wouldn't let it worry me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At 7week doctor's appt. baby's hr was 150 then at 8weeks went up to 180. We had an ultrasound yesterday at 13 weeks 6 days and hb was 164-- I was concerned that it went down but OB said everything looked perfect. (I ofcourse googled it last night and the site I found did show that hb decreases as baby grows). Here's the OH SO SCIENTIFIC SITE I WENT TO: but it did give me some reassurance.

https://www.buzzle.com/articles/normal-fetal-heart-rate-chart.html

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mine always picked up my DS HB low last time, it was always around 145-150 at the OB and with the sonoline at home it was more 120-130

I think they run slow
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited August 2014
    I don't think the heart rate on the pocket doppler is accurate. I will admit at first I was not hearing the heartbeat of the babies, but possibly my own and was getting a reading around 125ish. lol. My hubby ended up finding the heartbeats for me and it ranges up to the 150's and sounds like a train. (fast sounding) Just want to make sure you are not doing what I did for weeks.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    For us baby A is always around 135-145 and baby B is normally around 160-170

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine is usually up around 140-something...when my sonoline actually picks up the right thing. I get a lot of readings from the placenta or the blood vessels down in that area and often the doppler will give the reading for that and we hear the baby "underneath" the other noise. We have also heard the baby's little "thump, thump, thump" when the number didn't give a reading at all. As long as I hear the heartbeat I'm good. :)
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    maltwin1 said:
    Mine is usually up around 140-something...when my sonoline actually picks up the right thing. I get a lot of readings from the placenta or the blood vessels down in that area and often the doppler will give the reading for that and we hear the baby "underneath" the other noise. We have also heard the baby's little "thump, thump, thump" when the number didn't give a reading at all. As long as I hear the heartbeat I'm good. :)
    me too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Baby Beat Doppler.  Baby's beat was in the high 160s at 10 weeks.  I'm now 13 weeks and it is now showing in the high 150s. 
  • Options
    I have the sonoline. I've noticed that it doesn't pick up every single beat. The heart on the left hand side of the screen will pick up every once in a while and it has read accurately a couple tims, but that is rare. It is usually around 130 for me. No need to worry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've found that the better the reception the higher the rate. Sometimes I will get the HB but it's not really coming through loud, then the reading is either low or doesn't show up. But when I get a great position with good sound, I've seen the rate as high as 172... But as long as I hear it, I don't focus on the numbers too much.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    This is the second pregnancy that I have used that doppler in and I can say with confidence that the heart rate shown on the screen is almost never correct.  I actually ignore it completely.  When I want to know the actual heart rate, I simply count it. Most of the time though I just listen and if it sounds normal I smile, turn the doppler off and move on with my day. I am the type to obsess over stuff like that and so I try to avoid knowing what it is most of the time.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • Options
    ayboaybo member
    I found this on live strong. :)
  • Options
    Ours is 160 at doctors and at home always around 140. I honestly now just listen to the sound since I know exactly what it sounds like now and focus less on the number.
  • Options
    150ish. Just got mine yesterday too though. If what you were picking up is more of a swooshing sound, I read it could be the placenta...
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I'm pretty sure @cls78‌ is right & I've got my heartbeat or the placenta. So as of now I haven't found it. I know I have a tilted uterus and I'm a little overweight so both of those things could contribute. Worst case scenario I'll wait for my doctors appointment in a week, but that has been driving my IF brain crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Hernsy‌ This is what I watched that helped me hear the right sound. She also shows you what sounds are not the heartbeat. GL!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQfZ754geM.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

150ish. Just got mine yesterday too though. If what you were picking up is more of a swooshing sound, I read it could be the placenta...

Totally right, you will know when you find the baby. It will be very fast and sound similar to a horse galloping or a train. Very distinct sound:)
  • Options
    I honestly never even look at the rate on the sonoline because I also think it runs slower and I'd rather not freak myself out, so I get you OP!

The placenta sounds like a swish swish and the heartbeat sounds like what @megz2224‌ said - galloping horses or a train chugging.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Options
    I usually go by the galloping horse sound. I don't pay much mind to the reading. Often the baby seems to be behind something. I have found the hb to range between 150-180. When it is with something else it will be much lower. When it gets the baby that hb really jumps up.
  • Options
    I have a sonoline b, and agree that the display number doesn't match the heartbeat if you actually time it yourself. My monitor was showing around 130, but when I counted beats for ten seconds and multiplied by six, the number came out to be ~170. I trust what I am hearing :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    As I always tell my husband when he looks at the monitor, stop looking at the numbers! :)
    They aren't accurate until the heartbeat is very pronounced on the Doppler. 125 is the default rate according to the manufacturer until it hears something strong/loud enough to count. Usually, if you wait on the HB long enough it will be accurate. Often in the beginning, id record it with my phone and time it myself!
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have the sonoline B too... My count is never accurate it always say somewhere between 120-130 for me, and it most definitely not. Try counting for 15-30 seconds
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"