August 2014 Moms
Options

Tired and miserable - who's with me?

So for the last week I have been getting a sharp shooting pain in my lower back - only at night when I lay down.  So all week I have been sleeping on the couch sitting straight up.  Heating pad doesn't really help and I still wake up out of a dead sleep due to the pain.  Thankfully this is my last full week of work - wish I had taken off today too. 

Anybody else feeling like death warmed over?
imageimage

Re: Tired and miserable - who's with me?

• Options

Definitely with you. My kids have been watching wayyyy too much TV. I can't say I feel guilty about it though.

DS: Oliver 12/28/10
    DD: Alice 8/8/12

• Options

I'm with you, too. If my feet get any bigger I'm going to cry. The right one is actually starting to bruise on top because it's so swollen :(

I spent half my night in the baby's room in the recliner trying to get my feet high enough to drain some fluid. Didn't help.

Would seriously give anything to not have to be at work anymore...and I'm only at 36 weeks today

:((
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As me to the list. Baby is so big and low that I can't bend at all. Even sitting on the toilet feels horrible.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Oh, and my 7yr old is faking sick today so I have no help either. She fakes sick any time she is supposed to do something she doesn't want to do and I am so tired of it. She can spend her day in her bed not having fun.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    tamarar5 said:
    As me to the list. Baby is so big and low that I can't bend at all. Even sitting on the toilet feels horrible.
    This is me.  Hoping baby is so low its making me dilate more.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been up every single night around 1 or 2, and not able to go back to sleep. So I walk in the living room and lay on the couch and watch tv until I fall back asleep, which isn't until 5 or so and that's when DHs alarm goes off. I'm only 36 weeks, but I'm so ready for him to be here! Tired of being uncomfortable!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    I feel pretty good today because it's Friday!  I was exhausted earlier in the week.
  • Options
    With you. Contractions for over a week. Feeling miserable and still trying to take care of DD. It all feels like too much and makes me want a vacation.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    :Let's not forget the heat. Ugh! I live in Portland, Oregon and we usually have milder summers. 80-85 etc. It has been in the 90s for weeks and weeks now. I don't like the heat to begin with, add in 9 months pregnant and I am just miserable. lol I spend a lot of time upstairs in our bedroom with the AC on. I keep telling myself I am almost there so to just suck it up. 
  • Options
    jamie5709jamie5709 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm miserable and to top it off I woke up with a huge head cold today. Went to work for an hour , that's all I could manage. Hoping rest and fluids helps my head not feel like it will pop off
  • Options
    kareik01 said:

I'm with you, too. If my feet get any bigger I'm going to cry. The right one is actually starting to bruise on top because it's so swollen :(

I spent half my night in the baby's room in the recliner trying to get my feet high enough to drain some fluid. Didn't help.

Would seriously give anything to not have to be at work anymore...and I'm only at 36 weeks today

:((
    @kareik01 Hey! I actually just went to the foot doc for my sprained ankle and he gave me some advice for my non-injured, though still severely swollen foot. He said to move it as much as possible. "Toe curls, toe curls, toe curls," were his exact words. He also said to keep it elevated (which you're doing), and to put on a sock and closed-toe shoe as soon as you wake up. Hope this helps. I did all this yesterday (toe curls and ankle rolls all day) and it helped a ton. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@Venus04 I'll have to try the exercises! I try moving my ankles as much as possible (aka whenever I remember, which isn't too often), but the toes are so swollen my toe curls are more like toe benders, but maybe I can work up to more!

I haven't been wearing socks, maybe I should try wearing a tight pair at night to help and then put the shoe on in the morning like you said.

Only fitting in about 3 pairs of flip flops really stinks, I'll have to go buy some closed-toe shoes maybe that I can use right now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"