TTC after 35

Rookie opk question

supersarah77supersarah77 member
edited July 2014 in TTC after 35
I apologize for what I know is a rookie question and am grateful for any guidance you're willing to share.

This cycle I started using Target's daily OPK strips and I'm still trying to figure out when I O, if at all. A few days ago I got a line that wasn't as dark as the control line and over the following days it got even lighter so I figured I just missed O. Today I felt a little funky in my abdomen and thought maybe just maybe I was feeling ovulation, so I took another opk and got a line that was darker than the previous few but about the same as the first one I took a week ago. What does it mean? Do they get progressively lighter after O? Progressively darker before O?

Please help! image
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rookie opk question

• I don't completely trust those strips. I've had dark lines like that but not as dark as control and O'd so my advice would be to get a digital and when this happens on the strips use the digital to confirm. And the line does lighten after O. Also not sure when you are testing but it's a good idea to test mid to late afternoon and when you get up so you don't miss your surge. Hope this helps.
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Looks like it could be positive? Hard to tell. I would take advantage. If in doubt do the BD!
  • Loading the player...
  • @thirtyninetoforty‌ - thank you! Dr. Google wasn't helping me nor were the test instructions. I'll get the digital tonight to be sure, too.

@gapilungo‌ - Good thinking, when in doubt just BD!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Those aren't positive yet. But I bet tomorrow's will be. Test twice a day starting tomorrow until you get a line as dark or darker than the control. LH can vary throughout the cycle, which would explain the varying shades of negative tests you've had so far. Test after 10am.

You will likely O on the last day of a positive or the day or two after.
  • I agree, that isn't positive yet. Test at 10 and 2 but make sure you hold your urine a few hours before you test. Get wondfos from amazon so you can test several times a day for dirt cheap.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards