May 2014 Moms

Growth Spurt and Stranger Danger?

DD will be 3 months on Monday and I think we're gearing up for a growth spurt. She slept 11 hours straight through last night and already today has taken 3 naps.. Normally she sleeps 7-8 hours overnight and takes 2 longer naps during the day with a few cat naps in between. What should I expect with this growth spurt? I actually never noticed the 6 week one that everyone always says is so rough, so I feel like I'm going to be blind sighted. I also don't know if this really is a growth spurt, or just part of her developmental leap.

I've also noticed that in the last few days she has become so much more aware of people. The few times we've gone out of the house this week was to see people I knew, and every time one of them came over to DD to say "Hi" she burst into tears. They weren't even in her face, but she seemed scared. I would either have to pick her up or hold her hand for her to calm down. She even did it to my MIL today and she's seen her at least twice a week since she was born. Is this all just part of this 3rd leap, or are we at the beginning stages of separation anxiety? I will, of course, always be her "safe place", but I do want her to be socialized. 

I feel so bad for her, it's gotta be tough to be going through all these leaps and not knowing what's going on. Anyone else noticing this with their LOs? Any ST+Ms have any advice for helping to ease this transition? 
BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: Growth Spurt and Stranger Danger?

• Stupid 3 month growth spurt. DD is 3 months on Tuesday and I think we're starting the growth spurt. She is currently in her room screaming, refusing to go down for a nap. She hasn't done this since 6wks.
  • Dd had her developmental leap while DH was at sea. He is now made of hot lava. So much for my getting a hand with her when he got back...

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • @Junebug060609 that has got to be so hard! Luckily DD has no aversion to DH so far. I hope your LO readjusts now that your DH is home. Poor guy. And poor you that you can't get a break! 

I just hope this is a temporary phase and she'll be ok with other care givers again soon. Mommy needs a break sometimes!  
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"