Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Supermodel Pressure?

Is it just me who's feeling pressure to look good / get back into shape / lose weight after having a baby? I am feeling it. I have always been happy the way I am. I have obviously put weight on throughout my pregnancy, but hello??!! I am growing a human inside me. My family think i am crazy for even suggesting a strict healthy diet straight after labour. Quite a few people have said something along the lines of, ' are you going to lose weight straight away? ' ' will you be joining the gym?' i never thought peoples ignorance would affect me. My husband is fine with me the way i am but has mentioned about getting into shape after also. I feel like my changing body is peoples main concern and not my baby !! I am not even "huge" in the belly area, its all compact and tight! EVERYTHING is getting to me. OVERDUE, OVERWEIGHT , PgAl Brain ... grrrrr. *goes and hides under a rock*  you ladies are my life line !!! 

Re: Supermodel Pressure?

• Options
    I'm sorry that you are feeling so much pressure.  I was overweight before I got pregnant and I will be overweight when I have the baby so I'm probably not one to be giving advice.  However, I do think that you should give yourself some leeway after the baby is born - you will need time to adjust to all the changes.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I'm in the same spot at peggels...overweight before and after.  Before the BFP I was always very concious about my weight...paranoid almost, which wasn't helping anything.  Since though, I've been okay with it.  Mind you, I'm really not showing yet at almost 11w and I don't have DB's around me mentioning weight loss all the time, but I'm hoping I have a more reasonable outlook going forward. 

And remember, the most important thing is that little bun growing in you...your weight won't matter to the baby, they will just want your love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling this pressure. I am fluffy to start with, so I doubt I'll get too many comments like that. But I do hope BFing will help. I sent off for some pregnancy diet books, but its how to grow big babies and manage high risk pregnancies, not so much weight control.... when I get silly questions about what I am planning, some are legit, I smile and say," I am planning on two take home babies." Or "We'll just have to see how that turns out" Good luck, enjoy your pg time right now, dont cut too many calories if you are breast feeding. I dont know what "strict healthy diet" might entail, but you will have enough to keep you busy after birth... dont set up too much :-) (((hugs)))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RN536 yup, i plan to BF ! I keep hearing the pounds will roll off? i hope so !! i know what you mean, i feel better now. forget everyone else!! lol 

@peggels24 yea, i am allowing myself 6 weeks max before getting this butt into action!! (hopefully) 

@maryhr1 yea !! haha and feel free to do the honours lol hugs back :) 

@lorifromwl true true !! I guess sometimes it just gets to me!! it shouldn't but meh .. 

@snegde haaaa.. yes i shall pm you straight away :)) I WISH!! and thats so true.. no ones ignorance should shake my focus! 

@Bigboneded i won't :) strict diet means no junk or fatty food!! strictly grilled with lots of veg!! lol x

THANK YOU ALL WHO REPLIED!! I do feel a lot better than i did when i posted this... hormones, pgal brain and ignorant people do funny things to me! xx love you all!!! my support system!! xxx 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"