January 2015 Moms
Options

Crazy In-Laws - Edited

EmilysrlawEmilysrlaw member
edited July 2014 in January 2015 Moms
Since I cannot delete the entire thread all together, I am editing this so that the original content is not here. 

After receiving plenty of advice to think over I have decided to delete this post because I know a lot of pregnant women in real life and I do not want anyone identifying me and knowing my family's personal details. 

Thank you all for the advice, you have given me plenty to think over :)

Re: Crazy In-Laws - Edited

• Options
    Overreacting. They are supportive and loving. Why does it matter if they are separated but still living together? Who are they hurting? Both seem ok with the situation. I know a few couples who do this for various reasons. I don't think it's your place to say they need to figure out their relationship. And, seriously, your kid is not going to have any clue what's going on for a while. I think it's very judgemental to say that their situation isn't normal or appropriate.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    TBH, aside from the drinking, you're being pretty judgy. And for many people, separating but hanging on IS normal, hence your judgment. I definitely wouldn't let them babysit or drive your baby anywhere due to their drinking, but otherwise, limiting their contact is over the top. It's not your or your H's place to tell them how to live.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice. The part about having four loving on LO instead of two really made me think. Also I have already considered the driving and babysitting situation knowing that it is not an option with my IL's alcohol usage. 

For the record, after getting advice from several, which is what I was seeking I will be deleting this post as I know many pregnant women and do not want anyone I know reading this and learning my family's personal details. 
  • Options
    motherboy said:
    Overreacting. They are supportive and loving. Why does it matter if they are separated but still living together? Who are they hurting? Both seem ok with the situation. I know a few couples who do this for various reasons. I don't think it's your place to say they need to figure out their relationship. And, seriously, your kid is not going to have any clue what's going on for a while. I think it's very judgemental to say that their situation isn't normal or appropriate.
    THIS

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    motherboy said:

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with what others have said here. Even if you see their relationship as out of the ordinary, it doesn't sound like they're hurting anyone. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options
    Agree with the aboves.  I would have zero issues with the relationships- more power to them. 
    The drinking, if it's in EXCESS, would bother me more.  But only if my kid were WITH them. How they choose to live their lives in private would have no concern to me.  If they're drinking 4 beers and babysitting- then we have beef.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"