Cloth Diapering
Options

Transitioning to cloth for #3

Hi ladies.  I normally post on the toddler boards as I have a 3.5 yo DD and a 22 mo DS.  But DH and I are discussing ttc #3 and I have been really thinking I'd prefer to do cloth diapers.  I wish I had done them for the first two but DS is almost out of diapers now.  

Anyway, do you think there is a cost savings to doing cloth when you know it will only be for 1 child?  I know there are lots of benefits to cloth other than $ but it's unlikely that any of the others will appeal to DH.  I just wanted to get an idea of what others thought about the actual savings.  

Thanks!

Re: Transitioning to cloth for #3

• Options
    I'm one and done and the cost savings is still worth it for us, and I have a pretty big stash. I've spent less than $1000 on my stash, including newborn size. That's less than putting one baby in diapers for 2 years and I'm planning to make $300-500 back from selling off my stash when we're done with it.
    At this point I only buy new/used things when I sell some things off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    Yes.

You can spend anywhere from $200 to thousands of dollars on a stash of cloth diapers, but 
    here are a couple threads to see what those of us here have actually spent.

there was a poll sometime recently, but I am still looking for it. 
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    countrycottoncountrycotton member
    edited August 2014
    One big pulse that is not monetary is fewer diaper rashes. DD is eight months and has only had diaper rash three times. Once as a newborn (in sposies) but more of a something is touching my bum other than amniotic fluid, rash. The other two were both when she had mild diarriea and acidic poo. So that is a big plus, who wants to watch that poor baby suffer if you can help avoid it! Another is no late night runs to the store when you realize you only have one disper left, and of course this only happens when the weather is bad. Edited to add- DH should love no cranky baby and no dangerous diaper runs
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses!  We are still deciding if #3 is going to happen or not and our main concern with that is budget.  So we'll see where it goes but I'm really hoping we go for #3 and can do cloth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"