November 2014 Moms
Options

Scrubs and a bump

Hey Scrub wearing working bumpers!

I am now 24 weeks, and I am having a bit of an issue with my work scrubs. Do you tie them:

1) under the bump (where they fall down every two minutes)

2) over the bump (I kind of look like Santa). I tried this and secured them with tape, which seemed environmentally unfriendly. Then I considered getting suspenders. Then I gave my head a shake...

3) Over the bump (turning them into capris. Not attractive with my orthotic runners and socks).

I need some suggestions here. I still plan to work for a couple more months....

Re: Scrubs and a bump

• Options
    Thanks @NLJ82 these are amazing! Ordering right now!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought maternity scrubs from amazon. Just a couple pair because I couldn't fit my regular scrubs anymore. I hated having to buy them, it seems like such a waste since I won't be wearing them but for a few months. But they are definitely more comfortable than trying to squeeze into my others
  • Options
    I have a few non-maternity pairs by heartsoul that are stretchy and I can fold over under my bump.  They're SO comfortable!

• Options
    I'm so cheap. Borrowed a male coworkers pants since the were bigger and tie them under the bump and I have to adjust frequently
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a nurse and I wear mine under the bump. I actually roll my pants under once so I dont have a saggy crotch and get by with wearing maternity t-shirts with under shirts
  • Options
    I still wear my regular scrubs, however today was the first time i had to fold the waistband down!
    Mine are stretchy, so I got away with just not tying them, but now the hurt if I don't roll them under the bump.
    (24 weeks here, too stubborn to buy maternity ones)
  • Options
    I love the Cherokee maternity scrub pants. I'm lucky that my office buys them for me, so I didn't hesitate to order them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought 1 pair of maternity scrubs and they are seriously soooo comfy! For all my others I'm just tying below the bump and yes constantly pulling them up lol.
  • Options

I love the Cherokee maternity scrub pants. I'm lucky that my office buys them for me, so I didn't hesitate to order them.

Mine are Cherokee brand too! (Wish my office paid for then lol) aren't they soo comfortable??
  • Options
    I wear my scrub pants under my bump. I'm 26wks and my regular pants still fit, I just wear a large t-shirt which covers me up if my pants start falling a little. I'm too stubborn to buy new pants that I will only be wearing for a 3 more months.
  • Options
    Bandia12Bandia12 member
    edited August 2014
    Walmart carries flexible scrubs now that have stretchy sides on the tops, and a stretchy waist band on the bottoms. They are only $16 a piece. I'm thinking of getting some of those, but I've considered some maternity scrubs as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also refused to buy new scrubs! I went under the bump and wore a longer tank top under my scrub tops. Had to borrow a top or two from a friend though!
    Megan and Brandon ~October 10, 2009~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the cherokee maternity scrubs and LOVE THEM! I didn't want to spend the money either but I'm so glad I did! No more red line on my poor big belly! 24 weeks here
  • Options
    I tie them under the bump then wear either a belly band or a long maternity tank over top of the tie up. For shirts ive been buying the $9 v neck maternity t shirts from wal mart in black white and grey rather than buying mat scrub tops.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"