February 2015 Moms
Options

Movement!

So, last night I climb into bed, assume my sleeping position on my stomach and proceed to work on falling asleep. About five minutes later, I feel pushing and pressure against the outer muscles of my stomach, but from the inside. I was so confused that I assumed it was just gas moving through my intestines, but it didn't stop and I didn't feel like I needed to fart (sorry tmi). So, I slid my hand under my stomach, where I could feel the pressure, and I felt something run itself across my palm! It was fleeting and only lasted a second, but it was there! I kept my hand there for another a few seconds and felt the same sensation three more times, but never in the same spot! The baby was moving! I could feel it moving! It was the most incredible feeling I've experienced to date!

Has anyone else felt their baby(ies) move since moving into weeks 12 and 13? I'd love to hear your stories about feeling your LOs movement for the first time.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Movement!

• Options
    Oem617Oem617 member
    I thought maybe I might have felt something last night, but at 12 weeks it's hard to tell. This is my second and they say you feel it earlier on the second time. With DS I didn't feel anything till 16-18 weeks

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oem617Oem617 member

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    It is still too early to really tell, but it is way too early to feel them move on the outside

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Oem617 said:
    It is like Groundhog day around here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    chickyclg said:

It is still too early to really tell, but it is way too early to feel them move on the outside

This.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    chickyclg said:

Thats why I was only able to feel it when I was on my stomach. Either it was a baby, or its an alien, either way, I felt something move.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    And I wasn't talking about previous babies, I'm talking about your current pregnancy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    And I wasn't talking about previous babies, I'm talking about your current pregnancy.
    I think the reason PP said you may feel the second baby sooner is because you know what it felt like before.   The reason I said it is way to early to feel it on the outside is because most women barely feel flutters around this time. Not a full on head, elbow, knee, or leg, because the baby is just way too small for that.  I'm not saying you didn't feel anything but it was most likely not a baby that you felt with your hand, but who knows maybe you are just a rare case that can.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I've had some pretty intense gas, but no baby movements yet... you're a few weeks ahead of me though. 
    I can't wait to feel baby kicks. Last time, the placenta was attached in the front of my uterus (there's a term for it, but thanks to pregnancy brain, I'm doing good to remember my own name at this point! anyways...) so I couldn't feel him until 24 weeks.  It was so disappointing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Options
    Felt from the outside? Not at 12 weeks. Its possible to feel flutters inside at 12/13 weeks especially if you are a STM but to be able to feel from the outside baby would have to be much much bigger. Usually 18 weeks is considered early to feel on outside.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Interesting, well no idea what I felt, bur I'd like to think it was my LO :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It's ok to still be sleeping on your stomach, but should try and transition to your side soon... I'm a stomach sleeper, but I'm noticing now that my bladder is always full, so that's making it tough to sleep on my stomach. As far as feeling movement on the outside, there's pretty much no way. The baby is less than 1.5 inches long, it's just not possible that you would feel anything on the outside. If I put my hand on my stomach I can feel things moving around, anyone can, gas, digestion, fluids, etc... But definitely not a baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"