Working Moms

Possibly quitting a job that I just started- advice needed

I have posted several times in the last few months about my job dilemma- I started a new job in June that I was super excited about and it turned out to not be at all what I expected and I have not been happy. It's basically due to the hours as I enjoy the job itself and my coworkers. I have been applying to other positions and interviewed for one last week. I just got an email that they want me to come in for a final interview in August, so I think that my chances of getting the position are pretty good. The hours are exactly what I want (30 now and the opportunity to go full time as the program grows by 2016) I am not sure if I get benefits with these hours, so I will need to think about that, but it would allow me the time that I want to have a better work/life balance with my family. If I were to get offered and accept the position, what would be the most tactful way to quit? I have never been a job hopper and have been at my two professional jobs for 5 plus years each. Would I even mention my current position to the new employer? If so, how should I approach it? Before I consider quitting should I have a discussion with my current employer about my hours to see if there is any way that they can be adjusted? I have been hesitant to do this because I am new and it's not a real flexible environment. Like I said, I have never left a job so quickly so I am very nervous about how to approach it. And of course, this all hinges on if I even got offered the new job.

Re: Possibly quitting a job that I just started- advice needed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"