TTC after 35
Options

Had my preconception appointment

lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
edited July 2014 in TTC after 35
I had my preconception appointment with my OB yesterday. She said everything looks good, health-wise! I also asked her about a possibility of a VBAC (if I get pg), and she said she is willing to allow me to try, but there are no guarantees of success since I had an emergency c/s with my son, and a doctor's recommended planned c/s with my daughter. 
She did, however, say that now that I've gained 18lbs of muscle and do squats regularly, that my chances of succeeding with a VBAC are definitely heightened. 

I guess I will worry about getting pregnant first, and then go from there. lol

This is my last cycle preventing, ladies. So close and really excited! Looks like I will ovulate on/around my wedding day if my cycle stays regulated. :)

Re: Had my preconception appointment

• Options
    That's great news! Good luck - here's hoping for a lucky wedding night.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    @Austrogermokee- Thank you! We shall see... 
    Also-- I am eager to post in the weekly check-ups on this board. I can't really post there until we are trying, so in a few weeks, I can. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best wishes on your upcoming wedding, I hope it's a great day (I'm sure it will be).  Awesome timing with O'ing!  Glad to hear you received good feedback from your doctor.  Good luck!!!

Me: 43, DOR   FI: 44, SA normal
    TTC Since Nov 2013

01/2014: Meeting with RE to discuss options
    02/2014: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    03/2014: on the bench
    05/2014: meeting with RE to discuss Donor IVF options
    09/2014 - IVF#1 - converted to IUI - BFN

• Options
    Fantastic news!  Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Options
    Congrats on a great Dr's report! I am really excited for you!!! @lgsdesigner
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    Glad you got a good report.  Enjoy your wedding!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Thank you, ladies!! After the week from hell I had, this brightened my mood. :)
  • Options
    Exciting!!!! Hope O does happen around your wedding. I have a honeymoon baby and I love it.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards