Multiples

Talk to me about flying with 20 month old twins!!!

We are going on a vacation and there will be 2 plane rides involved..One from LA to Hawaii-so not short! My parents and sister will be going as well so there are 5 adults but I am wondering if there is any must have advice for plane trips??? We have flown with our oldest before so basic plane things we are aware of(drinking during take off and such). If there is anything else that can make my trip a little smoother I would appreciate it!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
3 failed femara iui cycles-
moving on to IVF oct 2011
ER nov. 7th
tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
lots of +hpt!!
beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
another miscarriage 12/23
moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
ET 4/28 3 transfered
Beta #1- 356
Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Talk to me about flying with 20 month old twins!!!

• Will they be seated with an adult? I loved having a carrier with DD when I flew with her before 2. Just wear her onto the plane. It will be great to have a lot of extra hands. When DD was that young she always slept on planes. Now that she's older she needs a lot more entertainment. Hopefully they will sleep for you. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We flew with our boys at about the same age.  Flight wasn't too long - 4 hours.  The flight there worked very well for us since it was during their nap time, and they napped most of the flight!  The return was a little more work, but not bad.

Not sure what other "plane things" you're aware of, but we brought tons of their favorite snacks.  We even brought candy as a last resort, but didn't end up needing it.  We also got new toys.  The boys like to color, so brought markers, paper, coloring books, as well as stickers. Lastly, we brought the iPad with their favorite movie, & didn't have to use it until the return flight.  There are also tons of free apps for iPhones, etc.

What didn't go so smoothly for us was lugging everything around, especially since we brought their convertible seats.  At least you have extra sets of hands.  It was just me & my husband.  Anyways, hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  Good luck!  We just booked a trip to England for Christmas.  They'll be 2.5.  It'll be a direct 11 hour flight.  Oy vey!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Dont really have any advice since I will be doing the same thing next month! I plan on just taking snack, books, and hopefully enough activities to keep them occupied.  Try to enjoy it and think of it as a fun adventure for them :) Hope it goes well!
  • Check with the airline, see if you can get help to transport to/from gate, maybe that will make lugging everything easier? I saw a post about parents who handed out goody bags to the other passengers to include gum, earplugs, etc, and a note of explanation about first flight and hope they'd all be understanding. That seemed to go over well according to the poster. I have no experience traveling with little ones on a plane.... we drove with my brother :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"