Toddlers: 24 Months+

Easel Recommodations for 27 Month old

edited July 2014 in Toddlers: 24 Months+

I am looking into getting my daughter an easel. So many to choose from, does anyone have one they think is great and sturdy? If so could you share which one please?

So far we have considered the melissa and doug one (wooden), kidkraft (wooden) and the step2 (plastic). The first two are great but are not magnetic...wouldnt it be fun to be able to play with alphabet lettering?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JCS5JA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0VMA6SQ7FX1APTFN4WGA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

https://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Deluxe-Wooden-Easel-White/dp/B009TICOIK/ref=sr_1_7?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1406741604&sr=1-7&keywords=kid+kraft+easel

https://www.amazon.com/Step2-Easel-Magnetic-Letters-Numbers/dp/B001BSBYAU/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1406741550&sr=1-3&keywords=easel

Thank you :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Easel Recommodations for 27 Month old

• We have the one from IKEA, and DS loves it.
    imageimage
  • We have a Little Tikes one similar to the Step 2 one. It's worked out fine.

• Loading the player...
  • We have Melissa & Doug and like it a lot. Very sturdy.

Is this one magnetic?
  • We have the Little Tikes. It isn't magenetic, but I love I can bring it out in the yard and hose it down once the kids are done painting and it's as good as new. I let them play with the magnets on my fridge so it's not necessary or novel on the easel.
    imageimage
  • We have the Melissa & Doug one and are very happy. It's not magnetic, but we let them use alphabet magnets on the fridge. I love that it's pretty narrow and easy to fold up so I can just get it out of the way when I want to.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• A follow up question...at what age is an easel appropriate?

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited August 2014
    We just got this for my DS (18mo) & he LOVES it! It's great b/c they can sit or stand, it stores their supplies & it's easy to wipe clean. The wide base also makes it very sturdy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a crayola easel. It has dry erase on the one side which is magnetic and a chalk board on the otherside. DD loves it.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• XathXath member
    We have the Discovery Kids Easel and we love it.  It folds flat for easy storage with the paper inside.  It has clips to hold the paper onto either side.  It has a dry erase and a chalk side.  My son can use it ontop of the coffee table when he wants to stand, or sit with it on the floor if he's sitting.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i also have one from ikea (it was only $15). save yourself the money and just buy the basic wooden one from ikea. very sturdy. my 3-year old uses it all the time. and when he wants to paint the entire surface area of the paper, he just goes in the bathroom and gets his potty stool and uses that to stand on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"