April 2014 Moms
Options

Refusing bottle?

I am going back to work next week and within this last week she is refusing the bottle and will only breast feed. Are there any tricks to get her to take the bottle? She is 16 weeks.

Re: Refusing bottle?

• Options
    I finally got this baby to take a Nuk bottle. DD1 would only take playtex drop ins with the brown nipple.
  • Options
    Try different bottles, and try to have someone else give her the bottle while you leave the house. Sometimes even if they smell you in the house they'll refuse!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are dealing with the same thing and have tried every trick in the book and every type of bottle made.
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your help!! I guess if she's hungry enough she will take the bottle eventually. It's just hard during the transition period to see her so upset. Thank you again!
  • Options
    So I had tried Dr. Browns, Avent, Playtex Silicone and Latex Nipple, Comotomo, Mam, Medela, Gerber First Essentials all a no go.   The best was the Playtex Latex Nipple but still not very good.

This week I purchased the Adiri NxGen Nurser and she took it!!!  Still drinking very little, but latched on right away.  The nipple is shorter than all the rest so it is the only one she hasn't gagged on.  It was super pricey, but at this point I do not care.   The most she has drank consecutively is 1oz, but it gives me hope.  

Thought I would share just in case!!!

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• Options
    Oh, and she will only drink it while being carried around.  This girl is  no joke haha!

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"