October 2014 Moms

This is probably stupid but I'm asking anyways...

How can I tell the difference between "leaking" and normal discharge?

Re: This is probably stupid but I'm asking anyways...

• Smell it. Amniotic fluid has a sweet smell.

DD - 4/9/08      DS1 - 7/26/12     DS2 - 10/7/14

• The difference between leaking fluid and discharge?

I haven't had any leaking in my pregancies, but I think it would be more than just the "wet" feeling down there that comes from discharge.

image         image

• Loading the player...
  • Leaking doesn't stop. If you lie down for 30 minutes, then stand up you'll feel a small gush or at least a trickle.

I (like a fool) called L&D three weeks ago because I woke up to wet underwear. It wasn't urine. Then I continued to feel excessive wetness during the day. I really knew there was no way it was fluid, even from a tear. But I guess I was worried anyway. Went to L&D at the hospital, nurse treated me like an idiot and further made me feel stupid for thinking it could possibly have been fluid.

Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS I thought I was leaking because I ended up having wet pants, not just undies.  I went to the hospital and like PP the nurses treated me so nasty and told me it was just discharge - the nurse I had was a b!tch.  Then the next morning my water broke - it definitely just kept on dripping out, not one big gush like they show on movies/TV.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kglascokglasco member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I haven't had any scares with leaking fluid (knocks on wood/crosses fingers) but many things I have read said to be on the lookout for this and my OB told me to call if I notice any leakage. Being a FTM I'm not only riddled with crazy anxiety but I have no idea what to expect.

The one "scare" I kind of had with this was actually being so hot that my lady parts were sweating so much I had sweat rolling down my legs and my undies were soaked. Luckily it was just sweat though!

But again, thank y'all so much for your input/advice I greatly appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"