April 2013 Moms
Options

Constipation issues

We had B at the doc yesterday after a 5 day poop strike. She would usually go every other day, sometimes every day. We were doing everything we could - high fiber foods avoiding dairy, miralax, plenty of water, and we even tried pear and apple juice. Nothing was working. Doc ended up giving her a supository, which worked almost immediately.

My question is, what is everyone doing to help keep their kids regular? Could it be the whole milk? Would 2% be any better. She was only drinking about 12 oz a day. She never had an issue before we started cows milk.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

Re: Constipation issues

• Options
    I have heard that milk can be constipating- not sure if 2% would help or not... Every time my DD gets backed up I stuff her with fruit and veggies- she eats lots of pears. My DS also likes to withhold his poo- he drinks prune juice like every other day and also gets stuffed with fruits and veggies. I'm sorry she's having problems. :-(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All summer we've consitently had some sort of berry in the house.  We ran out for about a week and it was poop-strike central over here.  Last weekend i stuffed him full of strawberries and raspberries and its been at least 2 BMs a day all week!

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the opposite problem. Cam poops 2-3 times a day. Maybe all the fruit he eats keeps him very regular.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have the opposite problem here too ... Catherine poops at least 2x a day as well. She eats a TON of fruit though, like your Cam does, @christineeberle.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies. B has been eating a ton of fruit too. Hopefully it's just a short phase and she'll get back to normal soon.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Options
    We had this issue in a major way during the switch from formula to WCM -- I agree with the berries and just some patience... mirilax took a few days to work for us, but in the meantime it gave us time to switch up his diet a little.  Cherries are also great because they actually have laxitive properties, as do grapes (especially red ones)... 

Hang in there, I Hated seeing him so uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think all the fruits and veggies he eats keeps him going 1-2 times a day. You can massage her tummy in an arc from her right to left side to encourage movement. Also, when DS did have this problem as a baby, one visit to the Chiro was all it took. Instant poop (within 3 hours of our visit - always).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Drinking more water should help, also.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    We had the same issue when we first switched over to cows milk and had to do a liquid suppository. I give dd lots of fruit with breakfast and always a green veg with dinner and she seems to be regular. Also she drinks tons of water :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"