C-sections
Options

Travel

I will be having my 4th CS on 10/3 with 4th and final child. So I haven't had too many questions but just thought of one...

We will have to make a 5-6 hour drive the week after his birth (10/11 and drive back 10/12) anybody do a long drive a week after their CS have any suggestions? We'll obviously have to make a lot of stops and I'll be all set up in the back seat with the two littler kids (the bigger kids will be in the 3rd row) but any other helpful hints?

TIA!
Me - J.R. - 05/1986
DH - J.I. - 08/1986
Married - 09/22/2006
DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
  DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!

Re: Travel

• Options

i traveled five hours away exactly two weeks after my cs and life threatening complications. we fed baby before leaving and then stopped about halfway to change diaper and feed again. the location was perfect to stop, not because we necessarily had to stop, we were just planning ahead for the baby. i have no suggestions for your newborn. are your older children familiar with a long car trip, if not, i would be preparing more for those children. good luck and safe travels.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Our two older kids are VERY prepared... Daddy used to drive semi so we used to go with him. DD#3 will be somewhat problematic as she isn't a fan of the car but it should help to have me in the back with her and we'll leave at nap time both days making it so she'll sleep for the first 2-3 hours and then stop for a bit to nurse the man-cub and feed everyone else too.

I'm more worried about complications etc that could come about with such a long drive so quickly after my section.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

maybe bring a pillow for yourself to hold against your abdomen? i had to use one four days after i had ds and had to travel to the hospital an hour away, the roads were so bumpy.
    is the seat you are in able to recline a bit if you need to ease up on pressure on your abdomen?
    and of course stretching and moving your legs during the travel, and on stops.
    other than that, i am out of ideas. best of luck!

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't take any pain meds besides Motrin after leaving the ER. Not really a postponable trip. I mean, if we had to obviously we would, but since DH will be off it is best to do it then 8-}
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

• Options
    I had a belly binder for DD#2 but had trouble sitting in it since it was so low in order to go over my incision... Was I doing it wrong? Sorry if I sound like an idiot ;;)
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"