Special Needs
Options

Am I too much?

Our ASD teacher for DS for kinder worked ESY during the summer till July 18th. DS did not get ESY.

DH picked up the kinder packet from the school to register DS and brought it home sometime during the week after the 4th of July holiday. He left a message with the secretary that we needed an IEP meeting with our phone number and no calls.

On July 18th, we dropped off the kinder packet and left yet another message requesting an IEP meeting and concerns for busing. We did leave our phone number again and the secretary stated that the teacher told her that we will not meet for an IEP till after school has started. Teacher still did not call.

This Friday, we will be sending a letter to request an IEP with 5 things DH and I want to address. We will be sending it certified mail.

Am I too much if I want this all to be fixed before school starts to protect DS?

DS's IEP is such a mess.

TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I too much?

• Options
    Princess_LilyPrincess_Lily member
    edited July 2014
    As I understand, sending a certified letter, a fax with confirmation of receipt or hand delivered with signature is the only way to get an IEP handled.

IMO its not too much.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    DS does have an IEP that will transition him to kinder.

We signed it not realizing how bad it was. DH read it and did not notice it after we signed it. I signed it. I went back to read it and my gut was telling me something was off. I showed it to our behavioral therapist and she said it needed correcting. I faxed 43 pages to parents reaching out and they also said it needed to be fixed.

We will mail certified mail Friday, August 1. They should get it at least Monday, August 4th or Tuesday, August 5th. Teachers start Thursday, August 7th. School starts Thursday, August 14th.

At the transition meeting they told us the kinder ASD room was either at school A or school B. They left busing up in the air saying we would have to transport DS for a week until everything is figured out. At the end of the meeting, the team said it was going to be at school A.

We went to register at school A in April because that is what they told us.

Come this month, preschool teacher texts me to pick up kinder registration packet for school B and to pick up the packet right away. The ASD class is at school B.

We want to increase therapies times for two services.

The IEP stated "DS will be following school rules" and 3 lines down says "has BIP." This choice should of been marked. DS has a BIP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I don't think it is a goal.

"Following school rules" is bad because it sets him up to suspend him at what mainstreamed students would get suspended for. There was a BIP included in the IEP so it is contradicting to how this would protect DS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"