Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Need help !!

So I'm still breast feeding my 9 mo old but I'm thinking its probably time to start weaning her off the boob. I'm a stay at home mom & I'd really like to start working again (it's been a struggle with one income & the financial stress is eating away at us), but baby girl is sooooo attached to me!

I know that sounds like a b.s complaint but its getting ridiculous. She screams when I even walk out of the room, & when I say screams I mean SCREEAAMMSSS! I always tell my husband if we lived in an apartment our neighbors would call CPS because it sounds so scary.

& if something isn't going her way she motions that she wants the boob when she's not even hungry because I know that's what comforts her the most, & it's the one thing that will always satisfy her.

So basically, for the sake of my sanity, among other things, I think it's time to wean her off the boob. Problem is, I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions???

Re: Need help !!

• Options
    What PPs said. I'm sorry this is frustrating for you but my baby has been FF since he was 5 weeks old and he is experiencing a lot of separation anxiety. He's also been at DC since week 12. The behaviors you describe are normal for a baby this age, whether BF with a SAHM or FF with a working mom. It's fine to wean her and transition to formula if you like, just don't wean with the expectation that it will resolve the separation anxiety.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"