January 2014 Moms

Ovulation before first PP period

We are not TTGP yet, but will be eventually and it got me wondering about nursing and ovulating.

I am lucky enough to not have gotten my first PP period yet (although this post will probably ruin that). Am I still ovulating each month? I feel really stupid for not knowing this, but there it is. I know it's harder to get pregnant while breastfeeding, but still possible so that means ovulation, right?

Someone please school me on my body!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

Re: Ovulation before first PP period

• painttheair14painttheair14 member
    edited July 2014
    mcg1119 said:

Once you ovulate, you will start bleeding, if you don't get pregnant. You can start ovulating, then get pregnant before your first period.

That's what I thought. Thank you!

• Loading the player...
  • While it is rare you can ovulate without getting your period. Here's a link with more info.

https://americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm

If you scroll down it does talk about ovulating without a period.

Kellymom also has a ton of info about breast feeding and fertility.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! Kelly mom! Totally forgot to check there. I just opened up google and couldn't think how to phrase my confusion in a consice search so I came here.

You ladies never let me down!

• I typed in "ovulating while nursing" and kellymom and dr sears both come up. I felt like it helps to understand the likeliness of getting pregnant while nursing without the return of a period.

• Yes, you can definitely get pregnant before you get your period.

After my miscarriage in April 2013, I got pregnant two weeks later with DD when I ovulated before my first period (it wasn't planned but we were thrilled).  Same thing applies for getting pregnant after delivery.

I am breastfeeding and haven't had a period yet either.  Even though I am on birth control I still freak myself out about it and have taken a couple pregnancy tests just to make sure!
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"