Baby Names
Options

Switched at Birth

I am no doubt very late to the game when it comes to this show but I just started binge watching Switched at Birth (between feedings, naps, diapers, and mommy meltdowns of course) and I am in love with the name, Bay!

I am not having more children but my cousin in currently expecting and I want her to use this name but she says that kids (as in teens & young adults) these days are using the word , Bae, as a term of endearment? I can't imagine that trend will stick around, right?!

Anyway, overall feeling on the name Bay for a girl..... ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Switched at Birth

• Options
    Love SAB!!

At first I didn't like the name Bay but it has grown on me a lot, probably because I really like the character. You are right, "bae" is a slangy term of endearment but I'very honestly never thought about it like that before. I don't think it's a big deal.

Fun fact for you and other fans of the show: Bay is the type of tree that the mythological Daphne turned into when she was being chased by Apollo.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ==N====N== member
    I don't love it, don't hate it. Makes me think of Baelfire (bae) from the show Once Upon A Time.

But to answer your question the slang term probably won't last. I don't get why shortening words is so "in" right now...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I LOVE IT!!! the characters name is Bay Madeline which is gorgeous!!
  • Options
    I also think of Once Upon a Time. It's an okay name, I kind of like it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I don't like it.  If one is really into that sounds, try one of the many other names like it: Rae, Mae, Kay, etc.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"