Iowa Babies

Difficulty finding ob of my choice at iowa clinic

I know that the OB that would see me at my appts might not be the one actually delivering my baby. It would be whoever is on the shift. Knowing this, I still am.unable to chose an OB I prefer for my appts. I go to the Iowa clinic and the receptionist always gives me this reason when I ask her to see an OB of my choice. Am I crazy to request this? Has this been always the way they work for pregnancy appts? Any insight anyone could provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Difficulty finding ob of my choice at iowa clinic

• I go to Women's Health Services with their main office in Clive, and then try to mainly go to the Ankeny office for the routine visits. They have the same kind of system where they want you to see as many of the different doctors as possible for your appointments. So far it's working out that I've seen a nurse for my initial visit, a nurse practitioner for my second, and Dr. Gabel for my third (who was my favorite by far). Conveniently, my next appointment is also scheduled with Dr. Gabel, but they said that I could pick one person if I really wanted. I would think you should be able to do the same as long as the appointment you schedule coordinates with the Dr's schedule. It just can't be guaranteed that they'd be there for the delivery!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • musicgal05 - I love your pic! Its cute.

Regarding OB, I am going to try and ask this time for a preferred doc for my next appointments. I'll just have to be a little more stubborn, I guess. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • musicgal05musicgal05 member
    edited August 2014
    Yep, good luck!

And ETA - My profile pic is of my daughter who's turning 3 in Sept! This was my favorite of all our newborn pictures together. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"