January 2014 Moms

feeding purees

pinkyxboopinkyxboo member
edited July 2014 in January 2014 Moms
At mealtimes, are you giving LO just one type of puree (like just green beans at one meal, just sweet potatoes at another meal), multiple types of purees per meal ( like one veggie and one fruit) that are not mixed together or are you mixing multiple foods into one main puree? About how many ounces of food is your LO eating?

Eta: I'm asking because I had a ftm freak out this evening after preparing LO an ounce of apples, an ounce of sweet potato and an ounce of green beans. She's had all of them separately without any reaction..but I had a brief moment of panic in wondering if it's ok giving her that many types of food at one meal in regards to her digestion system. I didn't know if there was a guideline or not in regard to how many foods at one sitting.

And also to add... usually LO eats one fruit and one veggie for lunch and then again at dinner.

our little flower born 01.13.14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: feeding purees

• MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited July 2014
    I'm still doing one ingredient bc I haven't introduced everything yet and I want to see if she has a reaction. I only mix the fruits or veggies with her cereal.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I do a veggie than a fruit once a day, but pedi said to do twice a day. I need to start doing more oatmeal for the iron which I mix in fruit. She eats one whole Gerber pack - think it is like 2.5oz container and half a fruit container than I feed her a boob.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • We have introduced all of the stage 1 foods, so we started the stage two ones that are combo foods. We have had no issues with giving mixed foods. Sometimes we introduce a new food (something that's not available in stage 1) in a combo food...for example we did zucchini, pear and pea and that was the first time LO had zucchini.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• km_mdkm_md member
    We are working with a dietician on top of her other doctors and today we discussed doing 3 meals a day. One will be cereal (we have a rice and an oat one), and then two single veggies. DD is one of the younger babies on the board so we just started so it will take us a while to get to having a wide range of foods and then mixing them.

• Oh and for the amount....we do about a half of a container of stage two plus oatmeal at pretty much every meal. So about 2-3oz twice per day,

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• cpm1223 said:

We have introduced all of the stage 1 foods, so we started the stage two ones that are combo foods. We have had no issues with giving mixed foods. Sometimes we introduce a new food (something that's not available in stage 1) in a combo food...for example we did zucchini, pear and pea and that was the first time LO had zucchini.

We have done basically this. We're on to the 2nd foods three times a day (most days). I was at the pedi today for LO's 6 month well visit and discussed this very thing with her.

We've been giving DD three a day and supplementing with a bottle. Pedi said that we can start giving two stage 2 foods at one meal and continuing to supplement with the bottle. So potentially she could be getting 2 - 2nd stage foods three times a day. I think it'll take a little while for DD to get to that point but I'm going to start tomorrow by giving 2 at her first feeding of the day and see how that goes. Pedi said that she should get a minimum of 16 oz of formula a day but no more than 28. She averages about 20 right now.

• We mix and do multiple fruits / veggies per meal because she gets sick of certain tastes very quickly and seems to like the variety. 
  • I am using the combo stage 2 foods as well.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We usually do a fruit mixed with oatmeal for breakfast a veggie for lunch and a veggie or veggie with meat for dinner. Each time they eat between 3 an 4 ounces. They're big eaters haha. As food combinations, we still usually do single ingredients but we also mix fairly often too.

imageimage

• Thanks guys. You've put my FTM anxiety at ease:)

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • I'll do more than one puree if he's still hungry afterwards. But if I don't think he should be that hungry we are now doing puffs and mum mums.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"