Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Dry cough

My son is almost 5 months old, the past week he's developed a dy cough. He doesn't do it often, maybe once or twice very every few hours. And I don't remember hearing him cough throughout the night. At one point I though it was just a habbit he picked up. You know how babies are, they like to mimic. Could this be a sign of reflux? He does spit up more then average sometimes. Maybe allergies? I have 2 dogs. I plan on making an appointment regardless if the cough continues. Just wondering if anyone would have any ideas or suggestions as o what this might be. On a side note I KNOW it's not whopping cough, I had it, my sister, and dad all at once :( not fun.

Re: Dry cough

• Options
    Hi, I'm from March 2014 but wanted to comment. My baby will be 5 mo old next week and she has a cough too, that seemingly came out of nowhere. I got my pediatrician to check, she said that there is just a lot of mucus that dries up because of the teething, causing her to cough. She said her lungs were clear and to not worry. Maybe ask your pedi if this is what's happening.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ooh good point, I suspect he's teething from the amout of drool and how he's been chomping on thins.. Thanks !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

there is just a lot of mucus that dries up because of the teething, causing her to cough. She said her lungs were clear and to not worry. Maybe ask your pedi if this is what's happening.

Same here with the cough but LO seems to be forcing it for some reason, I plan to ask the pedi at our next visit but all the drooling and teething process may be the issue here. I read somewhere that babies can get stuck with spit and it can cause them to cough. I would like to know what the pediatrician will say about it @jackieoickle‌. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"