Cloth Diapering

Globs of lotion on prefold...

You know how they say a quiet toddler is a toddler that's doing something they shouldn't be?  Yeah...DD found a tube of Aveeno Baby Excema Therapy lotion and unscrewed the cap, squeezed a bunch onto her bed and then proceeded to try to clean it up with a prefold.  I wiped all the excess lotion off the diaper.  How would you ladies recommend I proceed in cleaning it?  Can it be saved?  Do I dare throw it in the wash with the regular wet & dirty diapers or will the lotion mess all of them up?  

Thanks for your help!

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Globs of lotion on prefold...

• I would probably rinse it out in the sink to get the majority of the lotion off the prefold first. Then maybe throw it in with a towel load to see how much of the lotion comes out before putting it in the diaper laundry.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I would scrub it in the sink with some blue dawn, rinse out all the soap, then wash as usual. Or with sheets or towels if you are worried. But you should get all the lotion out with the blue dawn.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just rinse well in a sink and throw it in with the normal clothes laundry.
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Thanks ladies!!

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TJ1979 said:
    I would scrub it in the sink with some blue dawn, rinse out all the soap, then wash as usual. Or with sheets or towels if you are worried. But you should get all the lotion out with the blue dawn.
    This is what I was thinking. Wash it in the sink with dish soap. 

On another note, what is it about blue Dawn? Can't I use any dishsoap that is just soap? 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not all dish soaps are equal. Some of them are formulated to be nicer to your hands. Those are the ones you probably don't want to use on your diapers. You also don't want to use some cheap, economy dish soap that just seems to rinse away but doesn't take much grease with it. (Ever try to wash tupperware by hand, with cheap dish soap? Dawn really is one of the more effective ones out there)

Disclaimer: I've never had the need arise to use Blue Dawn on my diapers. But I have washed a lot of dishes by hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"