Multiples

BF-ing check-in

Since dairyQueen is pretty busy, I will post this until she gets back...

How's breastfeeding going this week?

How old are LO's ?

How long between feedings?

EBF, EP, supplementing?

Do you tandem feed?

What challenges have you had this week, what solutions did you find?

Raves and rants?

Anything else you want to share?

GTKY:  Favorite galactogogue? 

A galactagogue, or galactogogue, (from Greek: γάλα [γαλακτ-], milk, + ἀγωγός, leading) is a substance that promotes lactation in humans and other animals.[1][2] It may be synthetic, plant-derived, or endogenous.

Re: BF-ing check-in

• How's breastfeeding going this week? Great! I dropped my work pump session -- down to two sessions/day.

How old are LO's ? 21 Months

How long between feedings? We're down to just bottles at night, now (they get sippies of milk during the day, but they're generally unimpressed with the milk -- and just prefer water). Dropped the morning bottles yesterday -- they don't seem to miss them. ;)

EBF, EP, supplementing? EP

Raves and rants? Not lugging all my pump junk to work has been so freeeeeing! And, I have more freedom to hit the gym during the workday, if schedules allow.

Anything else you want to share? Just a few more months to go. :) Almost there!

GTKY:  Favorite galactogogue? Hmm. I never found one that did jack for me (and trust me, I tried them ALL). It was `100% about supply and demand with me. If I wanted more output, I needed to pump more. Simple as that. No amount of oatmeal, fenugreek, Mother's Milk tea or any other tricks made a dent!

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How old are LO's ? 13 weeks on Thursday; 3 months August 1st! 

How long between feedings?  3 hours during the day and 4-7 hours at night

EBF, EP, supplementing? I am no longer pumping, I nurse several times during the day and supplement with formula

Do you tandem feed? Nope

What challenges have you had this week, what solutions did you find? Stress has been tough on me and my supply. I am working on trying to take better care of myself...hoping to get to a yoga class this weekend.

Raves and rants? Rave - This week marks 3 months for us 3 :)  Rant - nothing comes to mind.

Anything else you want to share?

GTKY:  Favorite galactogogue? Oatmeal prefarably in the cookie form.  I can't stand fenugreek, it gives me major IBS symptoms.

• Loading the player...
  • basil2basil2 member
    How old are LO's ? 11 weeks
    How long between feedings? Don't know (I feed on demand and don't pay attention)
    EBF, EP, supplementing? EBF
    Do you tandem feed? Yes, if they're both hungry
    What challenges have you had this week? I'm going back to work next week :(. I want to start tracking patterns so DH has some idea when to feed them next week.
    Favorite galactogogue? Never needed one but who doesn't like a reason to make cookies?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"