Baby Showers

Labor Day Party

I mentioned this in another thread, but DH declined to have a co-ed BS with me. Instead, he wants to throw a big Labor Day BBQ which is on 9/1 this year. My RCS is scheduled for 9/2. He doesn't understand why I'm so against this BBQ. I don't wanna spend the night before a big surgery, cleaning house after a huge party. I'll be coming home with a new baby and a new scar. I won't be able to clean when I get back home either. We kinda got into a big argument about it. Am I being unreasonable?

Re: Labor Day Party

• VORVOR member
    Your DH is an amazingly dense man.  He seriously doesn't understand?  Hell. 

Throw down your "I'm 9 months PG w/ your child and I'm huge, exhausted, and will be ONE DAY AWAY from having our child.  No- there will be no Labor Day party." card. 

And also resign yourself to the fact that any shower/ baby related party will be women only.  No co-ed party.
  • Maybe you do the BBQ on Saturday the 30th? It would give you both a few days to clean up and would be a great compromise.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ccamccam member
    Hell no... that's what I would say to my DH.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• VOR said:

Maybe you do the BBQ on Saturday the 30th? It would give you both a few days to clean up and would be a great compromise.

I assume you've never been 9 months PG and w/in days of giving birth, have you?

Actually, with my last I was 41w 3d before I was induced. So.... Yeah.

Pregnancy Ticker

• You are NOT being unreasonable. Even if he promised to clean up 100% I would still absolutely refuse! It isn't even about the clean up IMO. It is the last day before major surgery (and a whole life change, for that matter). I love my family to pieces, but the last thing I will want to do when that time rolls around is host a party hours before my C-section.

I suggest standing firm on this one. You will both regret it if this BBQ actually happens.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No.  Nein.  Non.

I'd want to relax as much as possible before surgery (can you even eat 24 hours before surgery?  Sounds like an awful time to have a BBQ)

A party afterwards or a few weeks in advance of surgery would be world's different.  He could even make the "pre-labor day" party pun. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A party afterwards or a few weeks in advance of surgery would be world's different.  He could even make the "pre-labor day" party pun. 

Lol. That's exactly what he's doing
  • Maybe you do the BBQ on Saturday the 30th? It would give you both a few days to clean up and would be a great compromise.

How is that a great compromise? Two days earlier?  You're about as dense as the OP's husband. 

OP, your H is being completely unreasonable. 

Oh please, just because I suggest something other than "OMG your DH is the WORST!"

It was a totally doable suggestion, rather than trying to host something 12 hours before having major abdominal surgery.

Anyways, OP sounds like you reached a good middle ground.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Not unless his ass plans on doing everything alone. Men just dont think sometimes
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"