September 2012 Moms
Options

Talkative Tuesday

My random thought for the morning: I am in desperate need of a pedicure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Talkative Tuesday

• Options
    @melody921, due to the bottom of the pool, my pedicure now looks like hell.  It's all scoffed up.  I'm holding out another 2 weeks if possible.  I just hope that most people are tall enough that they can't see that close to notice it.  I notice it because they're my feet.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Newt69Newt69 member
    I too need a pedicure, but i smashed my big toe a couple months ago, so there is no nail now....GROSS!!!!

i definitely need my eyebrows waxed

Other then that, today is my 2nd full day back to work and i miss LO soo much. 

Next friday and the following 2 fridays i get to travel 60ish miles one way( so 120ish rt) for 8 hour conferences :(

i just want to go home and sit in the recliner and go to sleep

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have heartburn from every single thing I eat or drink and my doc won't give me any kind of rx to fight it.  I have eaten an entire thing of tums in a week.

Also, DH and I made lists last night of baby names we'd consider if baby was born tomorrow.  DH's list was stuff he's never mentioned to me, or names of people in our families.  Like Joseph.  Dude. We have 6 Joe's in our families.  6.  And not obscure people.  Like, my BIL is a Joe.  2 of my cousins are Joe/Joey.  His cousin is a Joe, his uncle is a Joe, and one of his girl cousins is married to a Joe.  His response "oh yea, I forgot about them."  Sigh.  Or Henry, a name he's never mentioned ever and I think is overused (we know 3 Henry's, 1 of which is his cousin's kid.)  His response?  "But I like Hank."  Well, then put HANK on your list, not Henry.    

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    DH moved out over the weekend. Keagan keeps asking me why he doesn't want to be part of our family anymore and who our new daddy is going to be. Man this shit is hard guys. I mean, I'm happy for myself, but I'm sad for my kids.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Stuff is going down at work with my boss and I just want it fixed.  Her mid year was awful yesterday (co worker saw her crying) and she really stinks at her job and shouldn't have it quite frankly.  I don't want to deal with this, I just want a normal boss who knows what they are doing and doesn't micromanage, lie, treat people like they are lesser, etc.  We have a new VP and I really hope he "fixes the glitch" as they say in Office Space.

I have a wedding again on Saturday (just had one last Saturday) and have no idea what I will wear because I sweat like a hog in my dress from last weekend (no A/C at a wedding in July, lovely) and have no time to find something that doesn't look like a sausage casing on me.  I really want to wear my black silky jumpsuit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DH moved out over the weekend. Keagan keeps asking me why he doesn't want to be part of our family anymore and who our new daddy is going to be. Man this shit is hard guys. I mean, I'm happy for myself, but I'm sad for my kids.

Hugs. Poor Keagan :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options

:(  I'm sorry.  Seeing how it affects the kids is the worst part of it all. *hugs*
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    I have heartburn from every single thing I eat or drink and my doc won't give me any kind of rx to fight it.  I have eaten an entire thing of tums in a week.

Also, DH and I made lists last night of baby names we'd consider if baby was born tomorrow.  DH's list was stuff he's never mentioned to me, or names of people in our families.  Like Joseph.  Dude. We have 6 Joe's in our families.  6.  And not obscure people.  Like, my BIL is a Joe.  2 of my cousins are Joe/Joey.  His cousin is a Joe, his uncle is a Joe, and one of his girl cousins is married to a Joe.  His response "oh yea, I forgot about them."  Sigh.  Or Henry, a name he's never mentioned ever and I think is overused (we know 3 Henry's, 1 of which is his cousin's kid.)  His response?  "But I like Hank."  Well, then put HANK on your list, not Henry.    
    No Zofran?  Nothing?  That stinks. 
  • Options
    Aww, hugs @Holly_1007. That has to be so hard. I'm sure you're doing a great job being there for the boys. I would just keep reiterating to them that DH is still their daddy, even if he doesn't live there.

• Options
    27boo27boo member

I'm sorry.

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Oh my gosh.  Big hugs to you Holly.   That is heartbreaking but it is best for him to ask those questions then to witness an unhealthy relationship daily.  Sending you strength over the interwebs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Our President just popped into my office to ask me if I was excited for fall semester to start.  Then she looked at my belly went "OMG!  LOOK AT THAT!" and proceeded to touch it.  I'm not confident that she knows my name without seeing it outside my office.  It was very odd.  She doesn't work in this location and isn't here very often, so when she is here, she likes to walk around and see everyone.  She also wants to be called by her first name and not by Dr. last name, which I'm still not used to.

It sucks...she makes my job so much more difficult with the nonsense BS she passes and yet she's very personable and I imagine I'd like her in real life.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    This totally sucks. :-(  I'm glad he's finally out and you're able to start working on your "new normal" but those poor little guys.  I'm sorry Holly.  Have you guys come up with a schedule or anything yet?

FWIW, my brother and his ex broke up when my nephew was around 3-4ish and they both see him every single day.  Mom takes him to school, Dad picks him up and spends around 3 hours with him until Mom gets home from work and comes to pick him up, or vice versa.  It really helped when my nephew was little and didn't completely understand why my brother moved out.  Hopefully you guys can come up with a schedule that makes the least impact on the boys.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    27boo27boo member
    I am so sorry you are going through this Holly!  My parents divorced when I was just a little younger than Keagan and I can honestly say that it happening when I was that young was the best thing for me.  I was sad at the time, but I have no recollection of it and I grew up with two happy parents who co-parented well together; which in my opinion was so much better than two parents who were miserable but stayed married.  I know it is hard now, but as long as you and your H make an effort to keep both of you as involved as possible Keagan will be fine!

All of this. I believe I was 4 and my brother was 2 when our parents split up. Maybe even a little younger. I remember my dad being gone, but that has to be better than the fighting that I'm sure was going on as even now there's still some resentment that shows once in a while. I still don't know the whole story and probably never will. They were always able to pull it together for us when we had important things going on, which is the most important and probably the hardest. We are both well-adjusted adults that still love both of our parents and now stepparents. Kids are tough.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Just got a call from HR.  Due to our stupid income protection (we don't have STD) resetting on 7/1 vs. 1/1 like everywhere else I've ever worked for, I can either take 5wks maternity leave, or take the 12 I was planning on, but be left with no income protection (read sick time, personal time)  until July 1, 2015.

According to my work, I have to use up all of my accrued time off (not vacation) before I can take anything non-paid.  Which basically means for almost 8mo if anyone gets sick or there's a blizzard, I either have to use vacation or show up.  Which also means that the family vacation we planned for next year will not be happening because I can't take 5d off when I only have 10d off for the whole year.  I'm irrationally sad and don't even want to bother calling DH and telling him about it.  Thank God he gets a month off starting this year, so if someone is sick, he can stay with them.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @Holly_1007‌ Hugs, that sounds hard.

@MarisaKathleen‌ I don't think being upset about that is irrational.

I feel like everything, including me, is a mess lately. I've got to get it together.

Also, DH's cousin has a GoFundMe on FB to get custody of his son back. He hasn't seen him in 8 months. I've never gotten a real explanation of how he lost custody, but I know there's a restraining order in place. Also, he's a personal trainer for a living and seems to spend his day sharing work out posts as opposed to getting another job or a second job to really earn what he needs. He wants $10,000. I have so many judgments and questions. I'm trying not to, but I can't help it.
  • Options
    I think I should start a GoFundMe page so that I can afford to take a week off unpaid next summer to go on family vacation.  I only need around $1K!  That's easy to raise right?!  Won't people take pity on me?

Pf.  

DH of course said "it'll all be fine, don't worry about it" like he usually does.  He is the calmest person I've ever met and sometimes that makes me totally crazy.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Ethan starts preschool in a couple weeks. I'm getting nervous. We will get to find out how much I helped/hurt him staying home with him. I'm also worried he's going to get himself in trouble. He talks a lot, and the things that come out if his mouth sometimes :-S I'm sure it'll all be fine, but for now I'm a bit worried.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Big hugs to you! I can't imagine what you're going through. Hopefully your kids will see how strong you are & when they're older, they'll see you did what is best for them.

• Options
    Our President just popped into my office to ask me if I was excited for fall semester to start.  Then she looked at my belly went "OMG!  LOOK AT THAT!" and proceeded to touch it.  I'm not confident that she knows my name without seeing it outside my office.  It was very odd.  She doesn't work in this location and isn't here very often, so when she is here, she likes to walk around and see everyone.  She also wants to be called by her first name and not by Dr. last name, which I'm still not used to.

It sucks...she makes my job so much more difficult with the nonsense BS she passes and yet she's very personable and I imagine I'd like her in real life.  
    I read that as your President pooped in your office. lol

But yeah, how awkward! Thank goodness you only have to deal with her in person once & a while.

• Options
    Big big hugs.  So sorry, hang in there.  :(  I can't even imagine explaining all that to LOs.  But you're an awesome mom, you'll get through it.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

I had the worst heartburn when I was pregnant with Ethan. Like it made me cry. I could take Zantac, I wonder why your Dr. won't let you?

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Ethan starts preschool in a couple weeks. I'm getting nervous. We will get to find out how much I helped/hurt him staying home with him. I'm also worried he's going to get himself in trouble. He talks a lot, and the things that come out if his mouth sometimes :-S I'm sure it'll all be fine, but for now I'm a bit worried.
    He'll be great!  Kids have a variety of knowledge at that age, regardless of staying at home or going to school.  DS1 has been in daycare since 12 weeks and he sucks at writing his name compared to other kids in his class.  I worry all the time that he'll be behind in writing when he gets to kindergarten.

My lil guy is starting a new 4K program in a few weeks and I am also freaking out.  He's never gone anywhere besides his current daycare and basically grew up with these kids.  I am worried that he will hate it and act out more than he already does.  On the upside, I'm hoping he loves it and the change of pace is just what he needs to be successful.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    @Holly_1007 sorry to hear this, I hope you guys can work things out. Big ((hugs))

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options

Eastie156 said:

I had the worst heartburn when I was pregnant with Ethan. Like it made me cry. I could take Zantac, I wonder why your Dr. won't let you?
    After reading this I realized I put Zofran in my post above instead of Zantac.  SMH. 
  • Options

Eastie156 said:

After reading this I realized I put Zofran in my post above instead of Zantac.  SMH. 
    She's adamant that I can either take Tums or Mylanta I believe it is.  Whatever the liquid shit is that I'm not taking.  Apparently it's fine to consume 96 tums in a week but not ok to take 1 RX pill per day.  I'm planning on asking the actual doctor when I'm there on Friday.  This is just what her nurse told me.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

Eastie156 said:

She's adamant that I can either take Tums or Mylanta I believe it is.  Whatever the liquid shit is that I'm not taking.  Apparently it's fine to consume 96 tums in a week but not ok to take 1 RX pill per day.  I'm planning on asking the actual doctor when I'm there on Friday.

This is just what her nurse told me.

I know every doc is different, but my dr gave me a 'holy shit stop doing that' lecture when I told her I used like 20 tums a day when pregnant. She said the huge doses of calcium can cause kidney stones which would be the exact opposite of fun while, or after being pregnant. Hopefully you get some relief soon!!

• Options
    jessk86 said:
    I know every doc is different, but my dr gave me a 'holy shit stop doing that' lecture when I told her I used like 20 tums a day when pregnant. She said the huge doses of calcium can cause kidney stones which would be the exact opposite of fun while, or after being pregnant. Hopefully you get some relief soon!!
    Ugh, that sounds awesome. :-(
    Thanks for the tip.  I'll talk to her directly on Friday vs. talking to her nurse.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I guess I've missed some things around here. Job gets in the way.

Holly, I'm sorry it's rough right now. You are a great mom and your boys are so lucky to have you, especially when things are tough.

• Options
    Anyone have anything like this?  It's a wall decal, and it's on sale for only $10.  I'm thinking it would be awesome in the basement redo instead of getting an easel for Nancy.  We have very light texture on the walls in our house, but decals have never been a problem in other rooms.  I'm just wondering if she's going to get chalk all over the damn walls....

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"