December 2013 Moms

How many hours of daytime sleep does baby get?

74dragonfly74dragonfly member
edited July 2014 in December 2013 Moms
If you add up the naps how many hours of sleep during the day does LO get?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

How many hours of daytime sleep does baby get? 163 votes

Less an 1 (cat napper)
3% 6 votes
1-2
20% 33 votes
2-3
40% 66 votes
3-4
25% 42 votes
4+
5% 9 votes
SS
4% 7 votes

Re: How many hours of daytime sleep does baby get?

• HncampHncamp member
    It varies day by day :-S some days 4-5hrs. Some days 2-3.
  • edited July 2014

morning nap 1 hour, afternoon 2 hours

• Loading the player...
  • Everyday is different, but she usually naps between 3-4 hours a day. Morning nap is usually 1.5 hours and then either a long afternoon nap which is 2 hours or 2 late afternoon naps which are usually an hour long each.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Julia's sleeping is all over the place.  A lot of day, she take 2, maybe 3, 20-40 min naps a day.  But some days she'll take multiple 1+ hr naps.  I'm just glad she's a consistent nighttime sleeper because the naps are frustrating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3 hours minimum for a semi-functioning baby.  Ideally she needs at least 2/1.5 hour naps and a 30 min. cat nap around 5-5:30.  Most of the time daycare can get her to the 1.5/2 hour mark and we can get another cat nap in at home. 

• Generally an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. She needs more daytime sleep but fights it so bad.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • anakahanakah member
    LO naps from 10-11 and then from 2-3 at daycare so that's what we try to stick to at home as well.  He also gets an extra 20 minute nap on the ride home around 5:30 usually. 
  • ColeRose said:
    It varies, anywhere from 2-4 hours per day. He almost always takes two naps, one short nap in the morning and the longer one in the afternoon. His morning nap is anywhere from 10 mins to an hour and his afternoon nap is anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours.
    +1. Except her morning nap is pretty much 45 -60 minutes every time. Afternoon is about 2 hours.
  • We get 3-4 naps that range anywhere from 30-90 mins each.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • An hour to 90 minutes in the morning, around 2 hours in the afternoon, sometimes a little longer.

That's at daycare.  When she's home with me she takes three naps that equal up to about the same time.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • LawrenLawren member
    Anywhere from 1-3 hours a day. Never more than 3.
  • bty19bty19 member
    My friend hired a sleep consultant for her LO. Consultant said 3 hours a sleep a day, for this age.  If that means 1 nap or 4 - shouldn't be less than 3 hours a day.

Meh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"