January 2013 Moms
Options

NBR - Dog enrichment activities?

I enjoy being a dog owner much less than I used to because I feel so guilty at the relative lack of attention and exercise my dog gets these days.  I'm thinking I need to start incorporating some enrichment activities/games into his day to keep him happier (leave him with stuff to do when I leave for work).  Does anyone else do this?  Any recommendations?  Keep in mind my dog is 80 pounds with huge jaws and has destroyed almost every toy that is labeled as indestructible (except the bigger Kongs).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR - Dog enrichment activities?

• Options
    Sorry for the post and run....I posted and then ran to San Diego for a family wedding.

@emeraldasspark - I had totally forgotten about the t.v. thing, or maybe just classical music?

@MichieU79 - damned, the Nina Ottosson games are expensive!  I'm not sure if Ollie would just eat them or not.  I'd give it a try, but it might end up just being a $40 chew toy :).

I did get both the dogs (we have a mini dox, too) some Starmark "everlasting" chew toy/puzzles.  They seem to like them, although the "everlasting" part only lasted 2 hours for my big guy.  But he had a big smile on his face so I could tell he thought it was fun.  I figure I need to build up a stash of various toys and change them out regularly.  And save up money for Nina Ottosson :).
  • Options
    Try a nightly sniff walk!  it can be a short one.  its really good for their mental health just to get out and sniff new things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"